New To Android and AndroidCentral

anon(344696)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here and first week with an Android phone. I switched over to Virgin Mobile from Sprint after my Palm Pre stopped working, and I was refused service from Sprint under the accusation of trying to jailbreak my phone. (Not true, I used WebOS Doctor, a troubleshooting tool provided by Palm themselves).

Not only that, but I got a new phone, and my phone bill is $25 bucks a month. :) The downside being there is no contract, meaning I could have bought a much nicer phone for the same price. Upside is there's no contract if I decide I don't like Virgin.

I'm running Android 2.2 and it really is a wonderful OS. My favorite part about Android is the talent of the app devs. WebOS obviously had tons of apps as well, but the quality and diversity of each individual app from Android Marketplace, and this forum puts WebOS's apps to shame.

I can live with the battery drain, and absence of gestures. Also no flash plugin for web browsers (LG's fault). Android is still proving to be one of the coolest operating systems I've ever used with a phone before, and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next for them. :D

Last edited: