New to Android

regfox

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I'm brand new to the android operating system. I just got my LG Optimus S about a week ago. I absolutely love it. I'm very excited to start looking into hacking it as well. So far the forums seem to be very helpful!

Anyway, just thought that I would introduce myself and say hello to everyone ;)

v0mitr0n

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Nice choice. The Optimus S gets much love around here. Plenty of ROMs and themes to keep you busy.

Enjoy!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Hello and welcome! Nice device choice... I'm glad you're enjoying it. It'll get even better after you root it and start doing more fun things with it.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi and welcome. These forums are defiantly the most helpful Android forums I've come across. If you are hacking your phone and have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

regfox

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've been reading up on things. I got my phone rooted and ready to go. But the thought of putting a custom OS on my phone is really scary >.>.

Any advice for someone who is a complete noob to this kind of thing? I'm looking to put the Scott Pilgram/CM7 ROM on my phone.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've been reading up on things. I got my phone rooted and ready to go. But the thought of putting a custom OS on my phone is really scary >.>.

Any advice for someone who is a complete noob to this kind of thing? I'm looking to put the Scott Pilgram/CM7 ROM on my phone.

I was nervous at first too. But it was actually really easy flashing a custom ROM to my phone and once I got CM7 installed I never looked back. This thread should tell you pretty much all you need to know about custom ROMs and how to flash them. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...optimus-s-recoveries-roms-kernels-themes.html

Reactions: regfox

regfox

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So, as I mentioned before, I got my phone rooted without any problems. Now I'm kind of stuck. I've been looking around online for ways to backup my phone. I downloaded ROM manager from the market and got that installed. It has an option that allows you to flash the clockwork recovery. However, when it asks me to verify my phone model. The only one that is close is the LG Optimus V.

Like I said before, I have the LG Optimus S. Will it be a huge issue if I choose the Optimus V option? They're basically the same phone right?

I just want to make sure that I have a solid back up in case something goes horribly wrong and I brick my phone.

I read through the thread you linked me to, Dark Wizard Matoya. It seems like those recoveries will work really well, but I guess I'm just a bit squeamish about using the ADK stuff with command lines.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc