gmlongo

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello Android Central! I've been lurking for a long time, but finally dove in and started contributing to this community!

I started as a WebOS fanatic, and moved onto Windows Phone when Palm eventually died. As luck would have it, Windows Phone faced a similar fate, leaving many of us to decide between Android and iOS for our next platform.

Being a software engineer, I tend to lean toward systems that are more configurable, so I landed on Android. My first Android phone was the Galaxy S6. It was nice to have so many powerful hardware choices, when compared to what I was used to with Windows Phone. It took me a bit of time to grow accustomed to Android, and there are still things I miss from WebOS and Windows Phone, but overall it has been a smooth transition.

So smooth in fact, that I have recently started developing apps for Android. My first app is an app that generates a draft order for fantasy sports leagues. If you are into playing fantasy football, baseball, basketball, etc, please take a look and see if it might be useful for your league. I'm always looking for feedback!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.gml.fantasydraftlottery

Thanks again for letting me introduce myself. I look forward to communicating with everyone.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello Android Central! I've been lurking for a long time, but finally dove in and started contributing to this community!

I started as a WebOS fanatic, and moved onto Windows Phone when Palm eventually died. As luck would have it, Windows Phone faced a similar fate, leaving many of us to decide between Android and iOS for our next platform.

Being a software engineer, I tend to lean toward systems that are more configurable, so I landed on Android. My first Android phone was the Galaxy S6. It was nice to have so many powerful hardware choices, when compared to what I was used to with Windows Phone. It took me a bit of time to grow accustomed to Android, and there are still things I miss from WebOS and Windows Phone, but overall it has been a smooth transition.

So smooth in fact, that I have recently started developing apps for Android. My first app is an app that generates a draft order for fantasy sports leagues. If you are into playing fantasy football, baseball, basketball, etc, please take a look and see if it might be useful for your league. I'm always looking for feedback!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.gml.fantasydraftlottery

Thanks again for letting me introduce myself. I look forward to communicating with everyone.
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!
I also had, actually, still have my beloved Palm Prē!
WebOS was so great and so ahead of its time, now apple is copying them. Well, they've been copying them for a while now.
What Android devices do you have now?

gmlongo

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!
I also had, actually, still have my beloved Palm Prē!
WebOS was so great and so ahead of its time, now apple is copying them. Well, they've been copying them for a while now.
What Android devices do you have now?

I currently just purchased a Galaxy S9+ and am loving it so far. But I still do miss the uniqueness of WebOS.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's so cool that you're making fantasy sports leagues apps! I love baseball! Good luck with your project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37