Hi all Techigran at the rescue. (Yeah right)

Techigran

Dec 5, 2018
Visit site
I'm really new here so I'm probably putting this where it doesn't belong.

At the moment I just want to say hello and see if I can educate myself a bit. I'm pretty clueless so whoever has contact with me, please be patient.

Incidentally, does anyone know how long a Galaxy S5 battery should hold its power level in normal use?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. As your device is several generations out of date (it's from about 5 years ago), it's battery may no longer be at full function. Here is the specs list on the battery life from GSM Arena....

Removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery
Stand-by Up to 390 h
Talk time Up to 21 h
Music play Up to 67 h

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Fortunately, if the battery is failing, you can still buy replacement batteries pretty easily.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, welcome to the AC Forums! Glad you joined us, and no problem, we're all here to try and help and just have fun :)

S5, huh? Wow...you really are juicing the most out of your phone there! Like the previous post states, the battery stats there apply to the S5 as it launched. Now it's gone through some software updates and if your battery pack isn't new, all that will affect battery life. And, of course, no two phones are alike, so will also depend on your specific apps and background processes and how close/far you are to a tower/WiFi signal, etc.

I personally skipped the S5, but if your phone can get you through at least a work day with normal use, I think you should be fine. But like they said, people actually still using the device might have better insight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781