Not new but rarely if ever posted [new thread title, comes from Post 11]

8lackie

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Pleased to meet me. I am living in the Balkans.
I'm working with a Samsung Galaxy 10.1.....and boy, am I in trouble.
I will look around and find where to post my problems....anyway nice to be here......and yeah, those frogs are dizzy.

8lackie

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Three frogs on a turntable.....

Hi Evilmonkey,
I know just enough to terrify myself and my tablet. I've managed to root it. I'm having trouble understanding file structure. Where things are. I'm lost. I've now downloaded Root Firewall, Busybox,Nandroid Manager, Nandroid, Titanium Backup Pro, ROM Manager, My Backup Pro,Root Checker, Root Explorer, and Mobogenie so therefore I'm even more confused about what I actually need, and don't need. oh and if that's not crazy enough I have Super SU as well. I think everything is happening at once.The only thing I'm certain of is that my note is rooted.
Sorry, I re-read my post and realize I've not posed a question. In trying to add a new ROM i've down loaded all these apps. no doubt there is overlap. What should I keep and what can I get rid of?
Thank you.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! I can't answer your root questions, but there are definitely people here who can help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums. I will look closer into you concern in a bit.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hi Evilmonkey,
I know just enough to terrify myself and my tablet. I've managed to root it. I'm having trouble understanding file structure. Where things are. I'm lost. I've now downloaded Root Firewall, Busybox,Nandroid Manager, Nandroid, Titanium Backup Pro, ROM Manager, My Backup Pro,Root Checker, Root Explorer, and Mobogenie so therefore I'm even more confused about what I actually need, and don't need. oh and if that's not crazy enough I have Super SU as well. I think everything is happening at once.The only thing I'm certain of is that my note is rooted.
Sorry, I re-read my post and realize I've not posed a question. In trying to add a new ROM i've down loaded all these apps. no doubt there is overlap. What should I keep and what can I get rid of?
Thank you.

What device do you have?

As for your apps...You won't need these apps: Busybox, Nandroid Manager. I don't think you need: Root Firewall, Root Explorer, and Mobogenie.
Titanium and My Back Up Pro are pretty much the same, but there is nothing worng with having duplicate backup of apps and related data.
ROM Manager is ok for checking if you have updates to CWM. If the device isn't supported by them, it is useless.

8lackie

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- GT-N8010
Android ver. 4.1.2

I will jettison Busybox, and Nandroid Mngr and others.
Is ROM mananger clockwordmod?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- GT-N8010
Android ver. 4.1.2

I will jettison Busybox, and Nandroid Mngr and others.
Is ROM mananger clockwordmod?

Developed by, yes. It is better to flash the recovery manually, though.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

8lackie

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Not new but rarely if ever posted

Hi all. I joined AC a long time ago but rarely if ever posted....guess I said that in the title. Now im using a Huawei Honor 6x and realize how little I know. I'll find the right forum for my questions. Thanks Blackie

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Not new but rarely if ever posted

Greetings! Salutations! Welcome to the forums, I'm sure they're are many silent members on here who just watch and learn... We hope to see more of you from now on! :):):)

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

A belated Welcome!
Only 16 posts in 6 years!
Time to start increasing that post count! :cool:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

I've merged your current thread, which starts with Post 11, with your original Intro thread of 2013. Perhaps you had forgotten having made it. :)
I didn't exist then, but I do now, so: Hello. :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Forums! :) Pretty sure someone will help, just post your questions in the right section and we'll do our best!

8lackie

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all! Now that I see my past posts, I do remember. Sorry, It almost feels like groundhog day. CRS Can't remember stuff!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Hi all. I joined AC a long time ago but rarely if ever posted....guess I said that in the title. Now im using a Huawei Honor 6x and realize how little I know. I'll find the right forum for my questions. Thanks Blackie
Well hello again!
Enjoy and have fun!

Sent From the TARDIS With my Blue Note 9

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back to Android Central! The Honor 6X?! Awesome! I have a ton of respect for Honor and Honor products - I used an Honor 8 and it was my favourite phone ever! Head on over to the Honor 6X sub-forums for some specific user traffic! Enjoy yourself around the forums!

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!! I hope you get the help you are looking for with your device!! Enjoy your time here!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan