Newbee moving from Storm to Droid soon !!!

anon(2112)

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Don't have a Storm but I do have a Blackberry. Really been torn about leaving BB but I think the Droid is also in my future. Win Win situation for Verizon.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Thanks. Looking forward to putting the Droid thru some crunches !! J/K As long as I can get Outlook Calendar & Contacts and my Corp Mail I am happy. I too have a BB Tour and the Storm 1.

Dumped my Tour and haven't looked back. Don't see myself going back to BB anytime soon if at all.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Dumped my Tour and haven't looked back. Don't see myself going back to BB anytime soon if at all.

I hear you, IF the Droid does hold up on the battery then I am fine. I am about to give up on RIM's OS's too. No innovation from them at all anymore. Being a "new-gadget" freak this Droid will feed my inner-monster well !!!:p

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
That's what prompted my jump, the piecemeal OS upgrades and the constant battery pulls. Got old real fast. Not to mention the lack of quality control at RIM that has been happening with the last few releases.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
That's what prompted my jump, the piecemeal OS upgrades and the constant battery pulls. Got old real fast. Not to mention the lack of quality control at RIM that has been happening with the last few releases.

Yep same here, QC seems to be the last on their minds these days or they just don't have QC on their list!! rofl. Batteyr pulls is what's driving me nuts.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Makes you wonder what happened over there at RIM. Did they get too complacent because they were the only viable competitor to the Jesus Phone.

barnettj

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Welcome Equus. I have read post after post lately of people leaving their Blackberry for an Android device. I'm a little jealous of all you guys getting the Droid. I love the G1, but its not the latest and greatest.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Welcome Equus. I have read post after post lately of people leaving their Blackberry for an Android device. I'm a little jealous of all you guys getting the Droid. I love the G1, but its not the latest and greatest.
Thanks ;) I guess you are gaga over the G1 right? I might have to read up on the posts from veteran users like you to learn this new OS. I infer that it is a pretty easy OS to learn to navigate. At first I just want to stay with keeping the device on the OEM progs and when I get comfortable with it then I may go wild & crazy to add apps, widgets and what ever else I can do hack it !!:p

hoosierdaddynow

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I am typing this on my storm 1. My last week with it. I will be getting the Droid on Friday. My wife will get the storm. I hope it will be a smooth transition. I also have a iphone. Getting rid of that also if the Droid works out.

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
First welcome equis!

I am typing this on my storm 1. My last week with it. I will be getting the Droid on Friday. My wife will get the storm. I hope it will be a smooth transition. I also have a iphone. Getting rid of that also if the Droid works out.

Second, just sell the iPhone man! If the Droid is half the phone it is hyped to be, and even partially similar to the my touch, you will not be disappointed.

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to say HI to all. :D

Hi there! I'm coming from 3 years with BlackBerry, most recently the 9530. I went and checked out the Storm 2, and although it was greatly improved over the first one, I think it is just too little too late for me. I love BB, but the OS is just not doing it for me. Qwerty is not an option, I WANT a touchscreen phone, and just a REGULAR swipe and touch cool looking OS. Droid is preordered can't wait until Friday! I have already requested the day off!

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
What has really helped me in the meantime is I downloaded the Android 2.0 SDK. You can create virtual devices so you kind of get a feel of how the Android operating system works. I'm ready to hit the ground running!

BB_Storm4me

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to say HI to all. :D

Yo first time poster. I am also going to be porting over from my BB Storm to the Droid. Well hopefully...if it lives up to all its wonderful claims

Hi there! I'm coming from 3 years with BlackBerry, most recently the 9530. I went and checked out the Storm 2, and although it was greatly improved over the first one, I think it is just too little too late for me. I love BB, but the OS is just not doing it for me. Qwerty is not an option, I WANT a touchscreen phone, and just a REGULAR swipe and touch cool looking OS. Droid is preordered can't wait until Friday! I have already requested the day off!

I might be also be ditching my Storm and joining the Droid ranks!

Hey all you soon to be exStormers...what are your main reasons for the move to Droid?