Hello y’all

Coco_Surviving

Aug 3, 2019
Visit site
I joined this forum to “attempt” to do research and gather information. I have been an Apple Inc customer for over a decade. All I know is Apple as I have multiple products. I’m not just an iPhone user. However Apple royally pissed me off when they did not notify customers of Apple Watch recalls or MacBook Pro recalls. However on holidays (I do not celebrate) they pile my e-mail with advertisements.

I can across another post of someone that recently changed over. However the OP did not have details. I need to know the lay of the land.

If anyone has changed over from Apple to Android. What are things you like more about your Android phone (and which phone do you have)?

Do you notice more features in settings that are available?

I am having a major problem with spam/Robo text messages. Apple and Verizon keep pointing the finger back at the other.

If you have music you purchased on iTunes what happened to your music? And also photos and videos?

Anything other information anyone would like to share would be great.

Has anyone been contacted about recalls?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome go the forums! I'd suggest a Samsung phone since it'll be a close comparison to an iPhone experience. But if you truly want to experience Android with timely updates (albeit a bit barebones in comparison) just as Apple's system, then I'd go with a Pixel phone. You WILL miss iMessage, no denying that, but you might be able to get by with your other Apple products (although bear in mind that messages from your phone will not sync with iMessages from your Apple devices (and viceversa). For your music it's fairly easy to transfer (usually the phone will guide you through it) or you can use 3rd party apps tailored to iTunes users like DoubleTwist.

Any other questions just ask away and we'll try to help!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

I myself have never used Apple products (except for an iPod in 2007); but my husband used Apple products before he switched to Android last year. He wasn't huge into iMessage so he doesn't miss that on his LG G7; and he says the battery life is better on his Android phones. I think he misses iTunes from time to time, but he's enjoying the Google Play experience too. I'd say there are good and bad points about either ecosystem.

If you indeed switch platforms, I recommend that you start with a simpler, close-to-stock Android experience - perhaps the Google Pixel 3a or 3, depending on whether you want a top-of-the-line flagship or not. Apple is known for its awesome media performance, and the Pixel line delivers that well with their great cameras and good speakers.

As TraderGary stated above, you will find a plethora of users here who have jumped ship from Apple to Android - or vice versa - so if you type "switching from Apple" or something similar in your Android Central search bar, I'm sure you'll get a lot of info at your fingertips!

Good luck, welcome again, and let us know what you decide!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci