Got my Robin in the mail today!

dougE2483

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I came into work this morning with a fedex box sitting on my desk. It seems to be that my phone was delivered to my over the weekend.

Here are some quick pictures I snapped of it this morning!

IMG_20160222_101524.jpgIMG_20160222_100931.jpgIMG_20160222_100654.jpgIMG_20160222_095110.jpg

dougE2483

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It feels like a great phone, sadly I don't think I'll be using it as a daily driver. I use to carry two phones when I was with my last company but I no longer use two phones. I am currently using the Nexus 6P and I don't think this will be replacing that as my daily driver. I might end up using it to tinker with or just post it up for sale for anyone who might want it. But if you'd like to see anything from the phone before I do that please let me know.

LordGreylock

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting those photos. I ordered one myself, I had been debating on picking up a cheap Nexus 6 or going for the Nexus 6P. Oddly enough I ended up ordering the Robin, I love the design and having a phone not everyone else has. My only concern has been the camera.

If things don't work out with it I'll end up with the 6P I'm sure.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
It feels like a great phone, sadly I don't think I'll be using it as a daily driver. I use to carry two phones when I was with my last company but I no longer use two phones. I am currently using the Nexus 6P and I don't think this will be replacing that as my daily driver. I might end up using it to tinker with or just post it up for sale for anyone who might want it. But if you'd like to see anything from the phone before I do that please let me know.

Is it okay to ask why it can't be your daily driver? Was something not enough?

LordGreylock

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I got mine in the midnight color. Figured I'd post some photos of it, you guys may want to see.

I really love the design and feel of the phone, for just about everything I've used it for so far it ran well. Heavy games may give it a bit of a tough time.

My only real gripe is the camera, it's very slow to take photos. It will delay a second, almost 2 after I hit the button. Quality wise, I did some testing against a Oneplus 2 and the photos are very close, the OP2 were grainier when zoomed in, and the Robin's were less grainy but slightly more blur to them. Overall pretty good quality and pretty darn close to the OP2 photos, when not zoomed in, you can't tell much different in normal light conditions.

IMG_6274.jpgIMG_6275.jpgIMG_6276.jpgIMG_6277.jpgIMG_6278.jpgIMG_6279.jpg

LordGreylock

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Just to update, I have been playing around more with the Robin, so far everything is working as expected...except the camera. I have noticed the delay between pressing the shutter and the phone actually taking the photo has varied between 1-3 seconds. This seems dependent on the amount of light when the photos are taken. (less light, longer delay)

Also, if you switch to manual camera mode and change the ISO to 100-200, the photos are much quicker. Although this doesn't work for all lighting scenarios so my feeling is this is just a software issue. I am pretty sure Nextbit is working on it from what I've read on their forums. Otherwise the camera typically takes a good photo.

For me it's somewhat of an issue, I tried to take photos of my always on the move 2yr old and by the time the shutter went off, he was completely out of frame. I hope the fix is coming soon and significantly improves this otherwise I probably won't be using the Robin much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad