Hi All,

I am thinking of purchasing a Android phone and have not used on in years. I've been looking a the Robin and the LG G5. I was wondering what all your thoughts are regarding the Robin and the G5. As well what one do you think is best. Presently I am using my Windows 950XL as a daily drive, but would also like to have an android device as the rest of my family uses their LG G4. Any thoughts, suggestions and recommendations are welcome.
    05-04-2016 10:52 PM
    What smartphone features do you consider most important?
    libra89 and SunToucher like this.
    05-04-2016 10:58 PM
    What smartphone features do you consider most important?
    My daughter and wife seem to use snapchat a lot and I work away from home, so its a way to communicate. Also I am a huge music fan and a camera fan to some extent. I like the looks of the wide angle lg camera, but apparently the robin takes great pictures as well. I have 83 gigs of music on my 950xl and both LG and the robin are great for music. I love the look of both phones, especially the robin, but LG in my mind is no slouch either. I have a ford f150 that has sync and its important that whatever phone I get will work with that. Im truly am torn on which way to go. The Robin is cheaper though, but Im from canada and our dollar is the pits...sorry I just realized I was droning on. ☺
    05-04-2016 11:50 PM
    My daughter and wife seem to use snapchat a lot and I work away from home, so its a way to communicate. Also I am a huge music fan and a camera fan to some extent. I like the looks of the wide angle lg camera, but apparently the robin takes great pictures as well. I have 83 gigs of music on my 950xl and both LG and the robin are great for music. I love the look of both phones, especially the robin, but LG in my mind is no slouch either. I have a ford f150 that has sync and its important that whatever phone I get will work with that. Im truly am torn on which way to go. The Robin is cheaper though, but Im from canada and our dollar is the pits...sorry I just realized I was droning on. ☺
    The G5 is probably the better option since it has a microSD slot. With the Robin you'll have to keep most of your music on the cloud.
    SunToucher likes this.
    05-05-2016 12:25 AM
    The sound on the Robin is really nice though! If you was to go with the Robin, I'm pretty sure that you'll be pleased with the speakers. @SactoKings has a great point about the cloud thing. If you don't mind that, go with the Robin.
    SunToucher and mstrblueskys like this.
    05-05-2016 08:42 AM
    Thanks Libra89 and SactoKingsFan. I've decided to go with the LG G5 as the initial outlay is $200CDN and that includes the camera module. The Robin, which I love to purchase, is $610CDN with the exchange rate and though the sound is great, there is my music, which would have to be stored in the cloud. Thanks Folks, I appreciate your help in making my decision.
    libra89 and SactoKingsFan like this.
    05-05-2016 02:39 PM
    The LG camera is probably better.
    05-06-2016 01:06 AM
    I have both. If the camera is important to you go with the G5, but also know with the Robin's latest update the camera is pretty darn good. I am only on my second day with the Robin, but I am very impressed and at $299 IMHO it's the best phone available. I also have a 5X and I would take the Robin over it.
    Build quality is excellent and I haven't experienced any lag whatsoever.

Posted via the Android Central App
    libra89 likes this.
    05-06-2016 01:40 PM