[How-to] Unlock/Re-lock the Google Nexus 10 Bootloader (Mac/PC)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 47032

I am not responsible for any bricked device
Try at your own risk!!

Now Lets go and unlock the nexus 10!!
laugh.gif

Requirements:
  • Fastboot
Download Fastboot for Windows​

• Android SDK

Now lets unlock!!!!
laugh.gif

1. Power off your Nexus 10 and reboot it into fastboot mode by holding the volume up button, volume down button and power button.

2. Plug your tablet into a full speed primary USB port on your computer. If you're using Windows, you'll see the pop-up about drivers being installed and initialized.

3. Open the terminal or command prompt on your computer and navigate to the folder you have placed the fastboot program in.

4. At the command line, type in (without any quotes) "fastboot devices". You should get a device ID returned, which lets you know that fastboot can see your Nexus 10.

5. It is really important to get the ID of the device or else you cannot go further.

6. After you have got the ID just type(without qoutes) "fastboot oem unlock" in your command window.

7. Look to your tablet, where you'll have to verify the process. Remember that there's no way to undo the data loss that will happen the instant you say "Yes".

8. When the tablet reboots, you're done. You're free to install custom software, modified boot images, custom recovery.

Enjoy your unlocked nexus 10 !!!
biggrin.gif

IF you want to RE-lock your bootloader
1. All the steps are same
2. On the 6th step just change the code from "fastboot oem unlock" to "fastboot oem lock" and also flash back to STOCK images (if changed) or else it wont boot
3. This will relock your bootloader so that only authentic, signed images from Google can be flashed to the phone.

Enjoy!!!
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Murphy2712

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
"tap the volume up button and the power button simultaneously"

A better way of explaining it:
- press and hold power,
- press and release volume up => stock recovery should show,
- release power.

dravoid

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [How-to] Unlock/Re-lock Nexus 10 Bootloader

HiA huge thanks for this and the rooting video. Really made things easy for a noob like myself.
I noticed that you used the "fastboot" program in the vidoe and not the "fastboot-mac" .... are they the same?
Alo do have a question relating to "backing up" stuff before venturing down the unlocking and rooting path. I can't seem to find a way to backup my Nexus 10 data (the apps on the Play Store back up the data to the internal storage which for some reason is not visible on AFT on my Mac. Is there another way?
Thanks in advance

jetguat

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
noob (n10) question.

whats "custom recovery" that I've read about on some forums. Is it a backup app? I have Titanium Backup for my smartphone, will that work for N10?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781