Basic function questions for my Nexux 10

thailen

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
l'm fighting my way thru basic functions and am baffled by these:
1.How to minimize a screen and how to do it and not lose the sound while clicking on a new
screenscreen2. How to copy and paste 3. How to find Adobe Flash Player on Google's Play Store

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
1.How to minimize a screen and how to do it and not lose the sound while clicking on a new
screenscreen2. How to copy and paste 3. How to find Adobe Flash Player on Google's Play Store

If you're using an app that plays media (i.e. audio, video) and you want it to keep playing when another app is in the foreground or when going back to the homescreen, that's something that has to be built into the media-playing app itself -- the developer has to build it so that the media continues to play when the app is no longer in the foreground. The Play Music/Google Music app, for example, has this functionality. The YouTube app and Chrome browser do not (as they are not explicitly intended for this type of use).

You can copy and paste text from text boxes in applications by long-pressing on the text. You should then see options such as select all, copy, cut, and paste. They will either be in a pop-up box near the text you selected, or present in the "Action Bar" near the top of the screen. Take a look at this image. There are two screenshots, the one on the left shows what's called the "Contextual Action Bar" with options relating to the text that has been selected in the application shown.

As for Flash, I'll let someone else answer that. I don't keep up with Flash support, sorry.

;)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

You can't. Adobe discontinued support for Flash on mobile devices quite some time ago, and hasn't been available for Android since ICS. In other words, you can't install Flash from the Play Store. There may still be methods to side-load Flash to work with the Nexus 10 (I honestly haven't checked myself), but you'd have to search the forums for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol