Downloading... Do not turn off target!!

PsychSkeletons

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Thank you so much for this tip! All of sudden my phone did this. Life saver of all my pictures!

Did you not do Power+Home+Down Volume= Restart?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio Autistore

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
same problem at me. but i tried the recovery mode combination twice and now it doesn't want to start. the screen is black. if it helps: samsung galaxy express 2
Please help me

Melinda1967

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Ok so same thing happened to me, I forgot my password so I read that if you wipe everything completely that it will take the password away but instead when i finished with the clearing it restarted and went to the Samsung screen and just stays like that.
i turned the phone off and tried the custom os downloading and now is on a screen that says \
downloading ...
Do not turn off target!!
Oh and i have a Samsung galaxy s3

I've read on this Forum to just take the battery out but scared to because its been on this downloading screen for about an hour and half. Don't want to mess it up if it is downloading
HELP!

Well I would suggest that you turn the phone off and press restart instead of power off and see what happens after it restarts. Now if my 20 year old son was here he'd know exactly what to tell you but I've had something similar to that happened before and he just restarted my phone and it fixed itself. It's just a suggestion and it may or may not work good luck to you

whateveruSay

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
YES! IT IS SAFE! go ahead and turn off the target, u won't be sorry. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM- w/a galaxy centura TOOK a chance and took out the battery, put it back in - and doo do doo... it turned on... like it is supposed to, with theme song. IT WILL not TURN OFF, with the power button. Except not sure about a custom os, u could always wait until the battery runs out. I guess I shouldn't get all like "there's a warning not to gtet a custom os" and maybe it will all work out you'll have the custom os u want. Good Luck.

if u don't worry now, don't worry. There is always something to wory about later.

aamirpalash

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I turned the phone off and tried the custom os downloading and now is on a screen that says \
downloading ...
Do not turn off target!!
Oh and i have a Samsung galaxy e7

I've read on this Forum to just take the battery out but scared to because its been on this downloading screen for about an 2 hours. Don't want to mess it up if it is downloading
HELP!

Ok so same thing happened to me, I forgot my password so I read that if you wipe everything completely that it will take the password away but instead when i finished with the clearing it restarted and went to the Samsung screen and just stays like that.
i turned the phone off and tried the custom os downloading and now is on a screen that says \
downloading ...
Do not turn off target!!
Oh and i have a Samsung galaxy s3

I've read on this Forum to just take the battery out but scared to because its been on this downloading screen for about an hour and half. Don't want to mess it up if it is downloading
HELP!

But my phone did not off on power button also my battery is attached nw what can i do

rose spring

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
hello i wanted to open my password but i couldn't and i try to use a way(i push the power and volume down at the same time)but i doesn't work and it's a few min that it shows
DOWNLOADING...
DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
what should i do??
please help me
I USE TABLET AND I CAN'T REMOVE THE BATTERY

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned already previously in the thread, but to remind you, you can force a shutdown on Samsung devices by pressing and holding Power and Vol Down together for about 15 seconds. Then power on again normally. This should get you out of Download Mode.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you also have a Nexus 10?

In general, on Samsung devices, if you're stuck in the Download Mode screen, and you're not connected to your computer via USB, you can force a shutdown by either (a) removing the battery, if possible, or (b) pressing and holding Power and Vol Down for about 15 seconds (as I already mentioned 3 posts ago -- did you happen to read that while you were reading through this thread?).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac