md5 sum mismatch/nandroid backup missing

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
When I wanted to install AOKP I made a nandroid back using cwm, just in case I needed. Well playing around with AOKP I found out I really want the stock kernel back ( I think they're called kernels?) Anyways I tried to restore for my nandroid I got a md5 sum miss match. I did what anyone with a problem does, I googled it. After reading couple threads about it I was ready to try it. Just to make sure I went to my sdcard directory to see if the nandroid back was there. I can't even find the clockworkmod folder anywhere on my device. Does anyone know what I can do? Any advice will be grateful.

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Edit: I finally found where my nandroid backup went, no where near where all the threads I read said anyways it says after going into your adb shell and the clockworkmod dir, it tells me to do RM nandroid.md5 which I tried and didn't work. I went to that directory again and found no nandroid.md5 file, am I missing something?

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really sure what's going on. I scarcely used CWM before I switched to TWRP. Perhaps you should give TWRP a shot to see if you can make proper backups. I have no problems with it on my N10 or GS3.

The easiest way to get it is to download goomanager from the play store. From there hit menu> select install OpenRecoveryScript> select yes and confirm if on your nexus 10 the file name ends in "manta.img"

Keep in mind that none of your backups on CWM will work with TWRP.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really sure what's going on. I scarcely used CWM before I switched to TWRP. Perhaps you should give TWRP a shot to see if you can make proper backups. I have no problems with it on my N10 or GS3.

The easiest way to get it is to download goomanager from the play store. From there hit menu> select install OpenRecoveryScript> select yes and confirm if on your nexus 10 the file name ends in "manta.img"

Keep in mind that none of your backups on CWM will work with TWRP.

I was thinking of moving to TWRP but would like to get AOKP off my nexus first that's why I wanted to restore it in the first place. With goomanager, will it recover my backup at all or get rid of AOKP?

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I even thought about getting the nexus 10 stock recovery and get it back to the way I got it, then start over. But I have no idea where to start and afraid of damaging my nexus.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I take it since you want to restore to a stock rooted state, correct? Unfortunately since you cannot restore your backup due to a md5 sum mismatch, that backup is most likely lost forever. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) Maybe try making another backup in the state your N10 is now just to see If you have a problem when trying to restore it. If you have a good backup, keep it and flash the stock 4.2.2 ROM. That will get you back to the same ROM and kernel your phone was in when you made your initial failed backup. If CWM doesn't work again, get TWRP and see how that works. If you have a good backup flash the ROM.

Do not flash the stock ROM before you have a backup that you have verified works!

Edit: I did some digging and this is where you can find the stock 4.2.2 ROM for the Nexus 10. Scroll down to rooted devices and follow the steps.

http://techmell.com/android-tips/ho...oid-4-2-2-jdq39-ota-official-update-nexus-10/

Here is the way to do it via xda. I recommend reading this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2148381

Last edited:

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I take it since you want to restore to a stock rooted state, correct? Unfortunately since you cannot restore your backup due to a md5 sum mismatch, that backup is most likely lost forever. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) Maybe try making another backup in the state your N10 is now just to see If you have a problem when trying to restore it. If you have a good backup, keep it and flash the stock 4.2.2 ROM. That will get you back to the same ROM and kernel your phone was in when you made your initial failed backup. If CWM doesn't work again, get TWRP and see how that works. If you have a good backup flash the ROM.

Do not flash the stock ROM before you have a backup that you have verified works!

Edit: I did some digging and this is where you can find the stock 4.2.2 ROM for the Nexus 10. Scroll down to rooted devices and follow the steps.

Install Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 OTA Official Update on Nexus 10(Rooted+Non Rooted) | TechMell

Here is the way to do it via xda. I recommend reading this thread:

[ROM][Factory Image][4.2.2] Mantaray -::- Odex, Deodex, Rooted -::- teshxx (02/14/13) - xda-developers

Quick question what's the deference between Deodexed and odexed versions? Are you saying I can never return it to "out of the box" state?

Last edited:

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The difference between odexed and deodexed can be found on the link below. Basically if you want to mod, download the deodexed ROM. If not, download the odexed one. It is widely stated that odexed ROMs run smoother, however their downside is the lack of customization.

Yes, you can unroot and lock up your bootloader the same way it came out of the box If that is what you would like to do. Or you can keep your root and enjoy the same vanilla experience by flashing the stock ROM explained in the links above.

On another note, did you try again to make a successful backup with CWM? If unable, did you try to make a backup with TWRP?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1443957

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
The difference between odexed and deodexed can be found on the link below. Basically if you want to mod, download the deodexed ROM. If not, download the odexed one. It is widely stated that odexed ROMs run smoother, however their downside is the lack of customization.

Yes, you can unroot and lock up your bootloader the same way it came out of the box If that is what you would like to do. Or you can keep your root and enjoy the same vanilla experience by flashing the stock ROM explained in the links above.

On another note, did you try again to make a successful backup with CWM? If unable, did you try to make a backup with TWRP?

Difference Between ODEXED and DEODEXED Files - xda-developers

Yes I tried making another backup and still got the md5 sum mismatch error? I did want you said I installed twrp masse a back up and restored to that back up. It works! Now time for me to get the ROM and then flash it. Thanks you very much for you help I am a noob when it comes to this, never did any of it before.

N4warhead

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
You are very welcome! I'm glad to see you got it sorted out.

I tried the first stock rom but it seem to fail when i tried flashing it, so i got the deodexed version and flashed it and it worked but now im getting "process android.process.acor has stopped" error all the time.

Edit: I fixed it, i did a factory reset on the tablet itself and it seems to be running just fine now. Thank you again with out you i would be lost lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang