Boot looped

iviv

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
So, I've managed to get my nexus 10 stuck in a bootloop. I'm fairly new to the whole android thing, but clearly must have done something wrong, hence the bootloop! I did have the xposed framework installed, but I removed that first, and it also had twrp installed. I'd downloaded the 4.4.3 image, rebooted the tablet into the bootloader and run the flash-all.bat
And ended up in a bootloop, just stuck on the 4.4.3 loading circles thing. It isn't being detected by the SDK with the devices command. I tried to reflash stock with the nexus root toolkit, it says no fastboot devices found. Trying to boot the tablet in recovery mode takes me to a screen with the broken android and a red exclamation point. I can get it in the bootloader where it tells me I have bootloader version MANTAMF01, it's unlocked and the reboot mode flag is: none.

So... I'm kinda out of ideas. My computer doesn't seem to think it exists, apparently the twrp has gone so I can't fix it with that, and I would hate to have killed my nexus 10 :(

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

iviv

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Just wish my first post had been under better circumstances! :D

And thanks for the link on getting the recovery mode working. Had made it to the recovery screen but actually getting a menu to appear? Couldn't manage it!

But having managed to get in there, finally managing to do a factory reset now, so that should sort everything. Thankfully I was using my tablet as a trial run for my nexus 5 which has all my actually important things on it! Fingers crossed that one manages to go a little better!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Just wish my first post had been under better circumstances! :D

And thanks for the link on getting the recovery mode working. Had made it to the recovery screen but actually getting a menu to appear? Couldn't manage it!

But having managed to get in there, finally managing to do a factory reset now, so that should sort everything. Thankfully I was using my tablet as a trial run for my nexus 5 which has all my actually important things on it! Fingers crossed that one manages to go a little better!

Has it worked?

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

iviv

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It did, thanks! Got twrp installed and everything running now. Bit of a shame I had to wipe, just need to try and work out what went wrong and how to make sure that doesn't happen when I update my phone :x

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It did, thanks! Got twrp installed and everything running now. Bit of a shame I had to wipe, just need to try and work out what went wrong and how to make sure that doesn't happen when I update my phone :x

Glad you are back up and running. See you around the forums.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac