Is the charging pod included?

snaqvi91

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
When we buy an n4 will the wireless charging pod thing be included in the box or sold separately? It sounds a bit too good to be true that the charging pod would be included for such a ridiculously low price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Tallonjf

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've heard a few different answers but the one I'm going to believe is no. It's not coming with it. It'll be an additional cost accessory. But worth it in my opinion.

ellesshoo

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Based on past experience w/ every single previous nexus device accessories I'm going to guess it will be 3-5 months before it's available. Prove me wrong Google.

And yes, I realize they've shown it and maybe some reviewers will get it but same thing happened w/ the N1 car dock, nexus s desk dock (the worst accessory ever BTW), the galaxy nexus docks, and most recently the nexus 7 dock...

dexbg

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
No its not.

And it can't be with the $300 price tag. It would cost like a $100 to buy it seperately.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
No its not.

And it can't be with the $300 price tag. It would cost like a $100 to buy it seperately.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it never even crossed my mind that the charger would be included at this price. That would make this insanely great price for an unlocked phone a stupidly insane great price.

ztmike

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
When we buy an n4 will the wireless charging pod thing be included in the box or sold separately? It sounds a bit too good to be true that the charging pod would be included for such a ridiculously low price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Lol.

You are already getting a deal on the phone and you expect the wireless charger to be included?

If you ever paid attention to past nexus shipments you'd know Google always sells their accessories separate and not for cheap.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Per the editorial reviews, Google is expected to announce the wireless charging pod for $50.

LG-Nexus-4-Wireless-Charging-Orb-01.jpg

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Probably Wahoo, there are QI ones, the technology it uses for $30-50 at the moment, energizer has one for about $50, Fatboy pillow is 90.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
You know, Google may surprise us and send one with order of the Nexus 4, they are already subsidizing pretty good already, let them take a step further and send us one of these too. :)

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You know, Google may surprise us and send one with order of the Nexus 4, they are already subsidizing pretty good already, let them take a step further and send us one of these too. :)

That would be awesome but i highly doubt it. Id be happy if the sold it for imder $50

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it is. Still doesn't mean it ain't a rip-off.

I just think that for $50 you should get more funcionality than just been able to charge your device.
The more here is the wireless functionality. I totally get your point and I personally would not buy it either unless I get a really good deal on it (just to show off my nexus to my iFriends), but there are lots of people who will be interested in something "cool" like this.

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
The more here is the wireless functionality. I totally get your point and I personally would not buy it either unless I get a really good deal on it (just to show off my nexus to my iFriends), but there are lots of people who will be interested in something "cool" like this.

True.

It certainly is "cool".

And like you, I'll get it if I get a deal.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it is. Still doesn't mean it ain't a rip-off.

I just think that for $50 you should get more funcionality than just been able to charge your device.
O yea i do agree. The prices do seem a bit high for what you get. especially since the alternative( a cord) is so cheap.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
O yea i do agree. The prices do seem a bit high for what you get. especially since the alternative( a cord) is so cheap.

The other thing is that a branded corded wall charger from LG (or any other brand) costs about $30 (including the chinese ones sold by AT&T, VZW etc), so $20 extra for the added wireless convenience isn't too bad. It's a luxury not a necessity, so there is certainly a customer base for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670