Screen protector

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So I'll be ordering the phone once it is available. Good source to buy a screen protector?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Many options out there but person tried only few which are zagg,seidio, and spigen.

Spigen would bwypue premium screen protector but consider one of the best screen protectors. I use spigenon my N7 and my HTC TB. I have used spigen for almost two years and have never had problem with them. When I get a N4 I will be using spigen to protect my N4.
http://www.spigen.com
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I recommend Spigen. Got cases and screen protectors from them and so far they haven't disappointed.

Sent from my HTC One X

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had bad experiences with Skinomi, but I guess a lot of folks really like them?

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I've used Skinomi and they hold up pretty well for me. Well, I use the body skins but not for the screen. I still prefer spigen for screen and either Skinomi or bestskinsever for the body

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I would really appreciate if LG would take the white arrows off the skin protector that is already on the phone when it arrives to you, and please don't take the back screen protector off especially if you plan to cover it up with a case anyway.

When it arrives to my house I am going to look for a way to get those white arrows off, and if you do plan on getting a screen protector, at least keep this one on until that screen protector comes in.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm very happy with Spigen on the Nexus 7.

I'm not. Worst piece of overpriced plastic I've bought in a very long time. Scratches within seconds of application and has a rainbow effect that bugged me so much I took the screen protector off and threw it away! Complete rubbish. :thumbdown:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Szabinger

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Are they worth buying? I want to have something quality, but I don't rly have any experience with protectors. : (

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen protectors?

Where will we be able to order screen protectors so we have them the day our N4 arrives?
Two second google found these two results:
Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - LG Nexus 4 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories - released on November 20, 2012
xoskins.com/cell-phone-skin-protectors/lg-skin-protectors/lg-google-nexus-4-screen-protector - released same day as Nexus release

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen protectors?

xoskins has them for pre-order. says they'll ship the day its released. So you could potentially have it in time.

Also bestskinsever has them and says they'll ship the 16th. while you'll most likely get you phone before the screen protector they have the best price on these style of protectors. at least that I've seen

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Turns out, you may have to wait on a decent screen protector, since this phone has the curved glass you may have to wait on a protector that is curved as well such as the ones for the GS3, Spigen has them: Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal | SPIGEN SGP

Other than that you will have to use the flexible screen protectors or the rigid flat protectors will stick out where the glass curves while the flexible protectors adhere to the curved glass, they will last a while but was told that they are still not as great as the already curved protectors.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why you even bother with a screen protector. Gorilla glass 2 is scratch resistant and super strong. No need for a screen protector any more.

I've been using my SGS2 for a year and the screen is perfect.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

radimir

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why you even bother with a screen protector. Gorilla glass 2 is scratch resistant and super strong. No need for a screen protector any more.

I've been using my SGS2 for a year and the screen is perfect.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

I have thought about this also. But.. i work with tools and paint and hardware, basically repair/handyman kinda stuff for H&M. I also constantly correspond with my immediate manager, and others like me in the field by txting or calling back and forth. Mostly txting. Sometimes my hands are blotched in paint, or some dirt. sometimes i just have to pick up the phone. I have a cheap Mercury case on my GNex and it occationallyl gets some paint on it that chips off and cleans up pretty easily.

But this phone... i'm a bit worried.

And with my job a screen protector just makes more sense. having that extra insurance.

But... is Gorilla glass 2 really that scratch resistant?