Nexus 4 cases?

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I seen the unboxing and they pretty much look like screen protectors to me, at least a form of screen protection anyway, in other words as Phil peeled the protection that was there in his unboxing it looked exactly like the screen protection I use on mine, very thick and flexible, but yes if they start peeling away by themselves after a day or two, definitely go get some premium protection, like from spigen.

I really only remember Nokia coming out with one of there phones I had gotten from them that did have a true screen protector on them, never had to get another, it had two layers as I recall, a thin film over the already installed protector.
I really don't know why the manufacturer doesn't put them pre-installed anyway, they tend to put those screen protectors on in clean rooms with no dust floating in the air and they always come out with no bubbles or trash in between the protector and the screen, so I don't know why they couldn't extend the courtesy and put real screen protection on them.

TheUI

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I seen the unboxing and they pretty much look like screen protectors to me, at least a form of screen protection anyway, in other words as Phil peeled the protection that was there in his unboxing it looked exactly like the screen protection I use on mine, very thick and flexible, but yes if they start peeling away by themselves after a day or two, definitely go get some premium protection, like from spigen.

I really only remember Nokia coming out with one of there phones I had gotten from them that did have a true screen protector on them, never had to get another, it had two layers as I recall, a thin film over the already installed protector.
I really don't know why the manufacturer doesn't put them pre-installed anyway, they tend to put those screen protectors on in clean rooms with no dust floating in the air and they always come out with no bubbles or trash in between the protector and the screen, so I don't know why they couldn't extend the courtesy and put real screen protection on them.

Hey man, I'm glad you're here and asking a lot of questions/starting relevant conversations. You know, I wouldn't worry about the glass to much. I've had a 4s for about 6 months and haven't ever used a case, the steel band has some rub marks but the glass is still really nice. However I totally understand if you are concerned about cracking your phone, so I can offer this advice, get a cheap silicon/rubbery case and above all remember GLASS IS SLIPPERY!!! I can't tell you how often I nearly had my phone go sailing onto the floor from my knee because of how slick glass is.

Also, if you hike or anything like that, get an Otterbox for those occasions. I hope this helps.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have my ipod in a rubber slip on case and a matte finish screen protector, only problem is it keeps on slipping out at one corner, but a friend has a rubber and hard plastic case for his and it has bumper on each corner and it does not seem to slip on his, so I most likely will get a heavy duty hybrid case....the cheap want to be otterbox clones, I don't care about looks and it will suit me just fine.

Anything I use I am liable to resale again on ebay so I sure want it to be in good condition.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The thing is the thick good cases i find ruin the aesthetics.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is the thick good cases i find ruin the aesthetics.

Burleson90

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Fairclough I agree with that. I'm not a big fan of thick ones. I usually tend to like flexible silicone ones. The gnex has a cool one in green with a giant Lloyd on the back. I'm hoping this phone gets something similiar.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
From a chat on the Otterbox website. Maybe the policy is not to announce until it is ready and there will be one near launch, but if what I was told it true it is bad news for fans of big clunky cases.

Me: Any word on if otterbox will be making a case for the LG Nexus 4 soon?
Josiah: Unfortunately, we do not have plans to develop a case for that device. I would recommend keeping an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information for every new release.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
The back is supposedly gorilla glass as well, so I'm not too worried about direct impact or scratches. However, like in one of the reviews, edge impact may cause a crack. Ive always liked the Note 2 wallet type cases. if they make them for the N4, ill go that route. if not, I'll most likely just get a bumper case and leave the rest as is.

You should be worried about scratches, as Phil has mentioned this in his 'Ask me' thread and 2 other internet reviews mentioned it too, just having the phone for a couple days. I thought that was the whole purpose of Gorilla Glass to NOT get scratches on it?! LMAO.. I don't get it???

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Picked up a 5 buck tpu case on amazon just for initial protection. Brand is kayscase. Don't see anything on shop android yet. Only a week more to order!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious ... until I decide on a bumper or a TPU case,... a simple leather or pleather sleeve should suffice. Matias Duarte had the N4 in a sleeve during The Verge's extended video on the Nexusmeisters. I presume a sleeve that fits the Optimus G will fit the N4 okay?

peterjr1boom

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
i would like either a silicone case or metal hard case but for the time being im going to get this cheap pouch one i saw on ebay for initial protection against falls :)

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Just a guess but since T Mobile will have them in store on the 14th they should have some kind of a case for sale. Even if it's something temporary I'm going to try that route.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Those arent screen protectors in the sense you think they are. They won't stay on long with use. Maybe a day if that.

Our resident googler...tell us:
What is the intended pricing?
And screen protectors for both back and front, will they be available?
When can we get them?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
You should be worried about scratches, as Phil has mentioned this in his 'Ask me' thread and 2 other internet reviews mentioned it too, just having the phone for a couple days. I thought that was the whole purpose of Gorilla Glass to NOT get scratches on it?! LMAO.. I don't get it???
The back isn't gorilla glass.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Apparently the front is but google wont say what the back is, probably to keep confusion down as people would mix the two up. Apparently it is a glass like substance, maybe stronger maybe weaker who knows. Personally i would of done both gorilla glass 2.