Nexus 4 cases?

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Apparently the front is but google wont say what the back is, probably to keep confusion down as people would mix the two up. Apparently it is a glass like substance, maybe stronger maybe weaker who knows. Personally i would of done both gorilla glass 2.

Matias Duarte said it was gorilla glass front and back in that verge video.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I thought in the video this forum posts up weekly it said it wasn't my bad i could be wrong.

Comes from that man himself at 4:17. I still don't get why the back is getting scratches then. Like I said another review the guy took keys to the front/back and didn't get a single scratch?! But yet a day's use of 3 other reviews did?! Makes no sense.. I know I'll be leaving the back OEM protector on until something comes out

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Comes from that man himself at 4:17. I still don't get why the back is getting scratches then. Like I said another review the guy took keys to the front/back and didn't get a single scratch?! But yet a day's use of 3 other reviews did?! Makes no sense.. I know I'll be leaving the back OEM protector on until something comes out

Things can be scratched quite easily, even Gorilla Glass. There's a big difference between someone trying to scratch it with thick, blunt keys and something that's just a little rough but concentrated on a smaller area that causes hairline scratches.

Kind of like comparing a pin to a mosquito bite - The mosquito breaks the skin with very little effort yet the pin requires far more pressure to achieve the same effect.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Things can be scratched quite easily, even Gorilla Glass. There's a big difference between someone trying to scratch it with thick, blunt keys and something that's just a little rough but concentrated on a smaller area that causes hairline scratches.

Kind of like comparing a pin to a mosquito bite - The mosquito breaks the skin with very little effort yet the pin requires far more pressure to achieve the same effect.

Yea, I've never had a phone with Gorilla Glass, but in the last couple years it seems everybody wants that manufactured as part of their phone. Nonetheless, I'm leaving the OEM plastic on the back until a bumper or another full body-clear protector comes out :) I'm not scratching this baby!

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
How about we get back to talking about cases since that is what the thread is titled

Anybody here from any companies? I contacted Spigen and got no email response. Great...

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Here are some now listed on amazon. A lot of these without pictures have the same case for other phones so you can get an idea what they will look like.

Ionic Guardian Armor Case available Nov 24. Blue, Purple, White, Black.
Amazon.com: Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for LG Nexus 4 (Blue): Cell Phones & Accessories

Ionic Explorer available Nov 24. Black with an option of Blue, Purple, Green, or Grey,
Amazon.com: Ionic EXPLORER Protective Cases for LG Nexus 4 (Black-Green): Cell Phones & Accessories

I-Blasin TPU case. Black Frost, Frost clear Nov. 29
Amazon.com: i-Blason SoftGel Flexible TPU Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone (Frost Clear): Office Products

i-Blasin Hard Shell - Nov 29 Black and Clear.
Amazon.com: i-Blason Slim Fit Hard Shell Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone (Black): Electronics

Kaycase Hard Case everyone has already mentioned now with render pictures. Nov 22. Smoked, Black, Clear.
Amazon.com: KaysCase Slim Hard Shell Cover Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone (Smoked): Electronics

Kaycases Softgel case. Nov 22. Smoked, Black and Clear.
Amazon.com: KaysCase Slim Soft Gel Cover Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone (Smoked): Cell Phones & Accessories

And screen protectors.

Front and back. Nov 20. Available with back that is clear, brushed aluminum, Dark Wood, Black Carbon, Silver Carbon, Light wood and Brushed Steel. Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - LG Nexus 4 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

Just front. Nov 20. Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - LG Nexus 4 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

Spigen Crystal. Nov 13. Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Crystal] [2-PACK] Clear Film Cover Shield: Cell Phones & Accessories

Spigen Oleophobic. Unavailable. Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Oleophobic] [2-PACK] Clear Oil-resistant Film Cover Shield: Cell Phones & Accessories

GTMax. Nov 21. Also available in 4 or 5 pack Amazon.com: GTMax 3-Pack Crystal Clear Screen Protector for LG Google Nexus 4 with * Screen Cleaner Strap *: Cell Phones & Accessories

Lumiiart Anti-Glare. In Stock. Amazon.com: Lumii Ark Screen Protector Shield for Google LG NEXUS 4 - [3-Pack] - Anti-Glare: Cell Phones & Accessories

Lumiiart Clear. In Stock. Amazon.com: Lumii Ark Screen Protector Shield for Google LG NEXUS 4 - [3-Pack] - CLEAR: Cell Phones & Accessories

Ionic Screen. Nov 24. Amazon.com: Ionic Screen Protector Film Invisible (Clear) for LG Nexus 4 (3-pack): Cell Phones & Accessories

Edited: 11/12 to make more complete. Added in the screen protector from later post.

Last edited:

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
NIce to see Spigen listed there ultra crystal SP (hopefully more accessories soon)

However, we all might want to wait for there curved version since the n4 has curved glass

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Spigen also has this one listed.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Oleophobic] [2-PACK] Clear Oil-resistant Film Cover Shield: Cell Phones & Accessories

But it is marked unavailable without an estimated date.

I ordered the lumii art ones because they are cheap, available now and I prefer cases with built in hard screen protectors and this crappy one will last until a case with that feature is available. Estimated delivery is 16th to 21st. If they really do have them in stock and they ship them 1st class mail (Makes sense as would probably be cheapest for them) by tomorrow it really should be sooner than that though. But who knows.

Last edited:

Nicthalon

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The front and back glass are both Corning Gorilla Glass 2. From consumer testing I've seen, if you can scratch that, you need a phone made of titanium. It's as close to scratch and break proof as any glass has come to date.

Shark87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The front and back glass are both Corning Gorilla Glass 2. From consumer testing I've seen, if you can scratch that, you need a phone made of titanium. It's as close to scratch and break proof as any glass has come to date.
The back is not Gorilla Glass 2. From Phil's review

And now the really cool part: The back of the Nexus 4. Oh, that back. This is another one of those features where we knew we were looking at the Optimus G incarnate. Just like on its worldwide cousin, the Nexus 4 has the "Crystal Reflective Process" from head to toe. That's LG's name for a really cool design feature that's almost holographic and adds the illusion of a 3-D texture. But it's covered by some sort of hard, glassy material (we still don't actually know why LG refuses to call it glass, but whatever), and where your brain expects your fingers to actually feel something there is only smoothness.
The bad news is that this back is still a glass-like substance. We're already seeing a few hairline scratches. Chances are there will be more, and the jury's out on the long-term durability of this design, in both the Nexus 4 and the Optimus G. Drops will happen. Breaks will happen. How easily, and to how many owners? We'll just have to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret