Wireless Charging + Case = Possible?

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
As the title goes, is it or will it be possible to use wireless charging with the phone in a case, or will case manufacturers have to do something special in order to make this work?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure, it might depend on the thickness of the case as obviously its strong enough to work through the glass packing. It will be interesting, I might go with a bumper but I am not going to invest in wireless pads for awhile, its kinda silly most require a micro usb to plug into to run it and its more efficient chucking the cable into the phone.

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure, it might depend on the thickness of the case as obviously its strong enough to work through the glass packing. It will be interesting, I might go with a bumper but I am not going to invest in wireless pads for awhile, its kinda silly most require a micro usb to plug into to run it and its more efficient chucking the cable into the phone.

I'm also interested in a bumper, preferably a clear one, as I'm petrified of dropping and cracking/shattering the phone (my house is all tile), but the back of the phone is beautiful and I want everyone to stare at it in envy :)

Apparently LG is coming out with a bumper for the phone, so I'd imagine it must be able to support wireless charging. It'll definitely be interesting to see how it affects the charging though (will it slow down charging as it has to pass through an extra layer?)

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I thought the same if it thicker maybe slow it down a touch, a bumper to raise it off the glass back would be great. I doubt their will be much change on the charging if it was a thick case on the back possibly.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure of the exact name but there is a company that makes a case for cellphones and u hit a switch and the case has a battery in it that will charge the phone. U charge the case and will have the juice in the case so when the phone goes low, u can just hit the switch and the phone charges. I think the guy's YouTube name is Fresh and I saw him with it. Look it up and see what u find. Sounds like this may be a good look for you

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. The device having a glass back makes me want to protect it with a case, but I would hate to lose the use of wireless charging. By the way, does anyone know how much the wireless charging pod is going to cost?

I've seen it rumored to be $50, but I don't think that price came from a official source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz