nexus 4 headphones

ehsaan

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
why doesnt the nexus 4 come with headphones? ive seen a coupla unboxings and no one seems to have headphones included in the box :'(

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
A pair of headphones that would come with any phone don't cost much at all. I'm sure it was to cut costs and its not really needed. Most people have cheap ear buds.

ehsaan

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
:( Sorry to hear that. When I sell my Galaxy S3 I will be keeping my headphones :cool: You should be able to get a decent pair for pretty cheap though.

yeahh, but if your gna buy headphones, you might aswell get a good pair thats gna last long, first google lets me down with the out of stock nexus's and now the no headphones, keeps getting worse and worse:(

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
yeahh, but if your gna buy headphones, you might aswell get a good pair thats gna last long, first google lets me down with the out of stock nexus's and now the no headphones, keeps getting worse and worse:(

Except any set of headphones included with any phone are NOT going to be a "good pair that's gna last long". You could do just as well at the Dollar Tree or Wal-Mart.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

The launch was a let down for a lot of people but not having headphones with an already cheap smartphone with pretty awesome tech specs is kinda asking for to much. I would have never thought I could get a quad core, 2GB ram, high res display smartphone while getting up to date releases of Android for only 299$ and its unlocked off contract. The savings you get from the low cost phone could go to that nicer pair of ear buds or headphones that your looking for :) Thats just how I think though but I understand your frustrations for sure.

ehsaan

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Except any set of headphones included with any phone are NOT going to be a "good pair that's gna last long". You could do just as well at the Dollar Tree or Wal-Mart.

i meant that if your gna buy headphoes you should invest in a good pair, but if ofcourse you get the headphones with the phone, you shouldnt expect too much, after all it is free, and nothing free is that good lool

ehsaan

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The launch was a let down for a lot of people but not having headphones with an already cheap smartphone with pretty awesome tech specs is kinda asking for to much. I would have never thought I could get a quad core, 2GB ram, high res display smartphone while getting up to date releases of Android for only 299$ and its unlocked off contract. The savings you get from the low cost phone could go to that nicer pair of ear buds or headphones that your looking for :) Thats just how I think though but I understand your frustrations for sure.

yep, thats very true, there's an answer to everything:cool:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
i meant that if your gna buy headphoes you should invest in a good pair, but if ofcourse you get the headphones with the phone, you shouldnt expect too much, after all it is free, and nothing free is that good lool

I know, but the headphones that come with the phone are worth less than a dollar, so I guess I wouldn't be all that worried about it. Getting a top spec phone for $300 is enough. If they are going to include the kind of crappy headphones they would have to include in order to not raise the price, I'd just as soon Google pocketed an extra 30 cents per unit or whatever and didn't give me something to throw away once they break in three months.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
This is the thousandth question about this. Probably to keep costs down, they dont make great head phones, its better to get non then a pair.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
This is the thousandth question about this. Probably to keep costs down, they dont make great head phones, its better to get non then a pair.

Hey its Fairclough! Mr Awesome from Australia. /wave Did you get to order a Nexus 4? I remember reading you not being able to because of school. Sorry to hear that :(

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So can anyone recommend a good pair that are not $$$ that have a mic and controls for phone and music that actually work with Android?

I don't know how much you're looking to spend, but I got a pair of Diddy Beats for $50 for a few reasons:

- The non-tangle cord is ****ing amazing
- They look nice
- They sound pretty good (I'm not an audiophile and I know people bag beats, but I don't give a crap)
- The non-tangle cord is ****ING AMAZING

They also have buttons and a mic on them so you can change the volume of songs/skip tracks etc and take calls. But the non-tangle cord is seriously so useful. I hated having to untangle cords from my bag.

Plus, they sound fine. Maybe they're not the best sounding earbuds for it's price, eh, I don't care.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If they are so cheap why wouldn't they be included?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

They might be cheap but putting them in every single box does cost the company money. Nothing is free even if its considered free by the customer. I'm sure they decided putting a low cost pair of ear buds in the box would cost more then its worth for Google.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
REALLY, you expect ear buds, too? how about a My Little Pony sticker for your backpack...

why doesnt the nexus 4 come with headphones? ive seen a coupla unboxings and no one seems to have headphones included in the box :'(
i sold my galaxy nexus and gave the headphones away, now i have no headphones :'(
... first google lets me down with the out of stock nexus's and now the no headphones, keeps getting worse and worse:(
You guys, please stop. You're making me cry with this sad, sad story.

The headphones that we used to get with phones were cheap, but functional ... but the phones' cost (real cost, not "on contract" discounted and rebated cost) compensated the maker for the cheap little ear buds. Shame on HTC for buying Beats and then giving everyone the expectation that a smartphone should come with earbuds. If you want good quality earbuds, today's phone makers let you pick them out for yourself. Even Apple, up to the ballyhooed iPhone 5 ear buds, gave you crappy, tinny little things that no one who cared about music ever unwrapped; if you wanted "real" ear buds, you had to buy their $70 premium buds.

A top-tier phone like the Nexus 4, selling at 1/2 the price of a comparable phone, just doesn't include gewgaws and frills like your dad's phone. If you want cheap little OEM earbuds, buy these "premium" buds for yourself for less than the price of a good lunch. Oh, too expensive? Try these cheapos, they'll cost you less than a 7-layer burrito and small soda at Taco Hell.

But please, don't cry like a girl that your $350 Nexus 4 doesn't come with ear buds, or a Express-On changeable cover, or winky-blinky key fob, or lanyard loop to hang it off your backpack. You're buying a phone, and at an incredible thin-as-Saran-Wrap profit margin. Asking for any extras is equivalent to asking for a pony.

Last edited:

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Probably because I usually left the included ear buds in the box and forgot about them until I went to sell the phone 2 years later lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax