any1 got the bumper?

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know this too, firstly to see what the quality is like, and secondly to know if Google are actually sending any out as I've not seen a single instance of one being shipped and it's holding up orders that include one.

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know this too, firstly to see what the quality is like, and secondly to know if Google are actually sending any out as I've not seen a single instance of one being shipped and it's holding up orders that include one.
Is that true? Where did you hear that?

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Not heard it, I've deduced it from those that have received their shipping info / had their device delivered.

I can't find a single instance where the bumper has been shipped. People who have ordered devices and the bumper as separate orders have the device shipped but not the bumper, and I can't find anyone who ordered the bumper and phone in the same order that has received shipping info.

This is from trawling through XDA threads as well as other forums, not a single shipped bumper that I can find in any country.

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll post back if I find out any different, but Australia have passed through their third potential night for shipping and I can't find anyone who's had a bumper ship.

antonusklesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that, looks as though there is the odd one or two being sent out then, good to know although I'm not holding my breath for dispatch today!

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have my phone but the bumper is still in the "Pending" section on Google Wallet. Whilst checking I noticed that the "2 day" postage is ?5.99, which is fair enough for a courier delivery, but as these things are hardly as delicate as an electrical device I do wonder why they can't simply be standard mailed in a jiffy bag.

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got here. The phone came with battery @ 9% so here are some bumper pictures. It's 1 piece and seems to protect the back better than the front.
rytumuzy.jpg
eva7epe5.jpg
detysety.jpg
ubytebyg.jpg
udavy7y3.jpg
8ynujutu.jpg

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
After using it now I can't even notice it but maybe it's because it's all i know.
It's worth the $20 IMo.

Lots of reviews note that the sound is reduced when placing the phone down on its back. Does the bumper help with this or is it still pretty muffled?