Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
CAR CHARGERS

CarPad/G for Nexus 4

DESK/TABLE TOP CHARGERS

Official Google Wireless Charger

TYLT VU Wireless charger (Very Stylish)

Energizer Single or Dual Charger

Oregon Scientific Digital Clock & Charger (Pictures and review @ Non-Nokia Charging Plates - Windows Phone Central Forums)

LG Charging Pad

QI Wireless Charger Charging Pad & Adapter for SGS3 (Might be a good deal if a family member already has a SGS3)

Zens Single & Dual Wireless Chargers

Maxell Air Voltage Charging Mat (Seems to only be available in Europe)

Maxell Charger Stand

Philips Wireless Charger (Seems to only be available in Europe)

Consumer Depot: WIRELESS GEAR (ONLY $4.99!!!!!)

Qi Wireless Charger Pad/Plate for Nexus4 on eBay (Ships from Canada and sold by Ray Hsu in the forums)

FastTech Qi Inductive Wireless Charger (Good Deal - $35 and free shipping)

Anker? Qi-Enabled Single-Position Wireless Charger Charging Pad - White

EDIT: The Nokia charging plate has been proven to work with the Nexus 4 but the sweet spot is very small, it charges much slower when compared to other Qi chargers, and charging tends to be intermittent and not reliable. Because of this, all Nokia branded chargers are not recommended. If you have done any testing with the JBL speaker, fatboy pillow, or the charging stand, please post your results.

If anyone knows of any other Qi chargers or if you have any experience with any Qi chargers then post here.

Last edited:

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! :D

But curious... Why doesn't the Palm Pre puck work with the Nexus 4 then? TIA! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! :D

But curious... Why doesn't the Palm Pre puck work with the Nexus 4 then? TIA! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

Honestly, I'm not sure but the Touchstone was released in June 2009 and the WPC published the Qi low power specification in August 2009. So maybe it's just a slightly different spec somewhere in the Touchstone design that doesn't let it mesh with the Qi standard. Anything that was released in the past couple years and advertises the Qi logo or the Qi technology should work with the Nexus 4.

James Cortez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the LG Charging Pad listed on here. My only question is will it work through a silicon case (since I ordered one of them to protect the glass back from scratching)?

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the LG Charging Pad listed on here. My only question is will it work through a silicon case (since I ordered one of them to protect the glass back from scratching)?

I have ZERO experience with Qi chargers but from what I've read online it should work as long as your case isn't too thick. It may not work with a Defender Series Otterbox case, for example, but with a normal silicone case I would bet it works.

Jigu005

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I'm not sure but the Touchstone was released in June 2009 and the WPC published the Qi low power specification in August 2009. So maybe it's just a slightly different spec somewhere in the Touchstone design that doesn't let it mesh with the Qi standard. Anything that was released in the past couple years and advertises the Qi logo or the Qi technology should work with the Nexus 4.
On amazon the palm touchstone is going for 6.88. Worth ordering to try it out.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who keeps asking "will it work with a cover," go read the specs. The coils can be 5mm apart ... factor in about 1mm on each (device and charging pad), that leaves 3mm for a cover. That'd be a pretty thick cover. Now if either is more than 1mm, I would guess the charging current would be reduced. So don't expect fast charging with your phone in the mohair case.

Qi (inductive power standard) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm wary of the claims that some make, "would love to set my phone down on a mat and get a quick charge at Starbucks." I really doubt that 5 mins on one of these pads makes a big different. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to find one. But open to being surprised... We just need to start seeing some real-world anecdotes.

skippyrulzzz

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
i can vouch for the energizer pad. it's sweet! i tried it with a fairly thin and flexible mousepad and it charged fine through that. it also charged through a tpu htc one x case i have lying around. i have a nokia pad on the way, and i'm hoping it works, but i kinda doubt it based on what i read on the interwebs. oh well. i'll sell it and get another energizer one or maybe try the lg one.

kentnish

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I tired out the Lumina 920 Charging pad at my Local AT&T store. However the N4 kept slipping off the pad.

No one in Hawaii carries the energizer pad, or anything remotely like it. All the verizon/att stores i've been to are sold out of the pads. sad...

hello amazon.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I tired out the Lumina 920 Charging pad at my Local AT&T store. However the N4 kept slipping off the pad.

No one in Hawaii carries the energizer pad, or anything remotely like it. All the verizon/att stores i've been to are sold out of the pads. sad...

hello amazon.

What was causing the Nexus to slip off?

If you held the Nexus in place, would it charge?

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I wish Google would give us some information about when we can expect their charging pod to come out. I really want the official charger, but if it's gonna take a year for then to release it then I don't want to waste my time waiting when I could be using an alternative.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums