Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

khaliloff

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is this LG made qi charging mat that you all are referring to carry model name WCP-700?

Wanna order one from Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's it.... same price at the Verizon store. They should have a demo unit set up to.
Edit: day 2 with this and the only time it beeps is when I put the phone down on it. That's it.

Last edited:

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that the Palm Pre Touchstone does NOT work:
uploadfromtaptalk1353894490171.jpg
I can also confirm that the Nokia charging plate, although it seems like it's charging, it keeps cycling on and off and does NOT charge the N4.

Lastly, I can confirm that the JBL wireless charging speakers do NOT work either.

So many wireless charges don't work. I've been trying to buy one online and they're all sold out or crazy expensive and rip-off inflated priced. I'm getting really, really frustrated. :banghead:

Google and LG really need to get on their damn game and release the official charging orb already!

Sent from my Nexus 4

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching everywhere online and offline for a compatible wireless charger. Can't find a single damn one in stock.

This is pathetic. :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 4

kugreg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I got one of the WCP-700 ones and I am not seeing the device ever gain charge. It sits on the mat, the mat beeps, the nexus4 says it is charging, but it never gains any battery %... or if it does, it is incredibly slow to charge. Anyone else seeing this or have any tips?

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

:eek::eek::eek:

When I checked it said " Temporarily out of stock". Hmm... I think it didn't come up because I was searching Super Saver Shipping? :confused:

Anyway, thank you for the link! :)

I checked two Verizon stores. One didn't have any wireless charges. The others only had Nokia one and JBL speakers that don't work with the N4.

I'll try two more Verizon stores tomorrow. If they don't have it, then I buy using the link you gave me. Thanks again! :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that news flash. :rolleyes: I believe Phil confirmd this a few weeks ago.
Didn't he also confirm that the Nexus 4 can't receive LTE data? :p
I believe Phil said it wasn't "supported." Big difference. Thank you for playing.

I've been searching everywhere online and offline for a compatible wireless charger. Can't find a single damn one in stock.
Try harder.

Amazon.com: LG WCP-700 Portable Power Mat Home and Office Charging Pad: Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: LG Electronics WCP-700 Wireless Charging Pad - Bulk Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: Energizer Qi-Enabled 3 Position Inductive Charger (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: Energizer Single Position Inductive Charger: Health & Personal Care (temporarily out of stock)

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone think the Energizer Wii charging plate would work? 30 bucks at BB and in stock at all local stores here...

I don't think it would. Energizer lists it separately from the Qi chargers on their website (it's under Wii Chargers), and the company that makes it (PDP) seems to use a proprietary induction charging method. Too bad, too, nice price.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
When I checked it said " Temporarily out of stock". Hmm... I think it didn't come up because I was searching Super Saver Shipping? :confused:
Oops, yes, that would filter results. I found all those last month just searching on "qi wireless charger."
IT'S TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK TO YOUR OWN ADMISSION.
Yep. Temporarily. And I believe the page said it would ship when it came in stock again.

Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

Sorry, boys, not trying to troll. Just showing that checking facts and searching thoroughly gets better results.

raysgrumpy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it would. Energizer lists it separately from the Qi chargers on their website (it's under Wii Chargers), and the company that makes it (PDP) seems to use a proprietary induction charging method. Too bad, too, nice price.

I just ordered one. We needed a new Wii charger anyways, so if it worked for the Nexus 4, it would be a bonus haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12