Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This eBay seller has "more than 10" Energizer dual station units available for Buy-It-Now price $59.95 plus $8.05 Priority Mail shipping.

I just ordered one so that my N4 and my wife's can spend the night together on the pad while we spend the night together in bed. Sort of romantic, don't you think?

Energizer Battery IC2B US Qi Enabled 3 Position Inductive Charger Black | eBay

Ordered last Thursday; received yesterday (Monday). Clearly brand-new, factory-fresh packaging and item. Works like a charm.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If it is the same as everything else with this launch, it will just show up unannounced at any moment. :mad:

The only other factor that might be in play is the battle Google is having with the Qi Wireless Power Consortium vs the Power Matters Alliance (now backed by Starbucks). Messy! This looks like beta vs VHS all over again!

Here's a link to an article: Wireless charging standard Qi fights Google, Starbucks, compatibility hiccups | The Verge

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My LG Verizon Wireless Charger WCP-700 works great. Only beeps once when my N4 is placed on the pad to confirm that it is charging. It would charge all the way to 100%.

The beep is not that loud on mine. I place the charger on the night stand and my N4 also doubles as my alarm. My old phone would beeps after it was fully charged. This N4 does not. I really do not see the issue with the beeps. All my phones/tablets beep when receiving messages or email anyway.

I rather like the confirmation beep when I place the phone on the pad, as I do not have to pay too much attention on the placement of the phone. When I hear the beep, I know it is placed correctly for charging.

leroy_sunset

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
My LG Verizon Wireless Charger WCP-700 works great. Only beeps once when my N4 is placed on the pad to confirm that it is charging. It would charge all the way to 100%...
I rather like the confirmation beep when I place the phone on the pad, as I do not have to pay too much attention on the placement of the phone. When I hear the beep, I know it is placed correctly for charging.

Same here. Love this charger.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen, or could some of these be adapted to work as a car charger?
I would not, NOT, try this ... get a converter or other device designed to convert 12VDC to 120VAC for the charger device. Or get something designed for 12VDC.

Yeah, some of you may be EEs, but I'm worried about the numbskull who thinks he can do this, wires wrong, and burns something up.

Why do the wireless chargers cost so much?
Extra-special, brand new technology pixie dust. Tinker Bell had to work nights and weekends to get this sheot to work.

If it is the same as everything else with this launch, it will just show up unannounced at any moment. :mad:

The only other factor that might be in play is the battle Google is having with the Qi Wireless Power Consortium vs the Power Matters Alliance (now backed by Starbucks). Messy! This looks like beta vs VHS all over again!

Catch up .. more like HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray Disc. ... I'm beginning to wonder if the orb will show at all. All we've seen is Matias showing off a mock-up, right? We are in the final days of the holiday shopping season. And nothing's come to light? It's a figment of Google's imagination. "Blame Cana--, no wait, Blame LG!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781