Anyone rocking a screen protector?

JDEAR22

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I got my Nexus 4 two days ago and I was wondering if anyone was using a screen protector or not. Just looking for feedback on real world usage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forum.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Dude, best thing to do on any phone is a screen protector, I have ordered one from eBay called XtremeGuard full body protector, very much necessary for this phone, also look into any kind of case for the back to keep it safe too, hear horror stories from some people who bought a N4 and I hear from some people they are very strong so it just leads me to believe that the back glass may have flaws in them that may be from batch to batch or something like that, so yes for protection, you may want to keep it bare but it is costly.

XtremeGuard full body protector is only $3.99 and it compares with that of the XO Skin but the XtremeGuard is a little harder if you use a stylus on it so XO is softer and they are $22.99, difference is is with the XtremeGuard you have to make your own solution of water spray that includes a little dishwashing liquid soap in it.

Last edited:

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking for a screen AND back protector. I've seen a couple (Skinomi an Xtreme Guard), but the idea that you have to wet it to apply makes me a bit leary. The idea of getting any electronic device wet doesn't sit well with me. Are there any skins or clear films for the screen and back that can be applied dry?

cluckkillerb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking for a screen AND back protector. I've seen a couple (Skinomi an Xtreme Guard), but the idea that you have to wet it to apply makes me a bit leary. The idea of getting any electronic device wet doesn't sit well with me. Are there any skins or clear films for the screen and back that can be applied dry?

Clarivue is coming out with a dry application full body protector on the 29th. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can buy the back part separately. I heard someone got a response from sgp stating they would be making a dry application back protector in the near future, although I haven't confirmed it. Here is a link to clarivue: LG Google Nexus 4 Ultra-Clear Screen Protector from Clarivue

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Clarivue is coming out with a dry application full body protector on the 29th. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can buy the back part separately. I heard someone got a response from sgp stating they would be making a dry application back protector in the near future, although I haven't confirmed it. Here is a link to clarivue: LG Google Nexus 4 Ultra-Clear Screen Protector from Clarivue

Looks like it's 25% for Black Friday too (ends the 26th). I've been looking for a front and back quality dry protector.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
On my play store variant, I left the ones that come on it there, took a pencil eraser to remove the power and + - logos from it. works great so far.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually if you ended up getting a case or the bumper for it at the same time, not sure about bumper but if case could keep the edges down on the skin that came on the phone, it shouldn't peel off so quickly.

Deep_420

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Is it weird that I have just left the screen protector the phone came with on? I may end up getting another one, but so far the ones the phone came with have held up nicely.

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Have to agree... for me it seems a little like putting slip covers over a finely embroidered sofa. Plus I have messed with a few and they never go on perfect. That couple with the curved glass of the Nexus 4... its just gonna look bad.

Exactly'I have the bumpah but that's designed for the phone. If it wasn't, the only thing separating people from my phone is a thin layer of gaberdeen /Seinfeld

DavidT787

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have Skinomi full body screen protector and I love it. It was hard to install on the sides of the device but it definitely gives you some extra grip on the device.

Enviii

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I have Skinomi full body screen protector and I love it. It was hard to install on the sides of the device but it definitely gives you some extra grip on the device.

Can you post pics of the screen protector please? Really dying to see it on the N4.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Just ordered this set...I used these back in the Nokia days and they were simply amazing. I will post when I receive them and post some install pics too.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Purchased a front and back set the other day. Will see if it's worth it.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm rocking a matte screen protector I got from the local mall. It's smooth and doesn't get any fingerprints on the screen. Makes the pics look a lil fuzzy but ill deal with it not to have to keep wiping the damn screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm rocking a matte screen protector I got from the local mall. It's smooth and doesn't get any fingerprints on the screen. Makes the pics look a lil fuzzy but ill deal with it not to have to keep wiping the damn screen.
This is exactly why I don't use screen protectors. What's the point of having a delicious HD screen if you're going to slap something on it which degrades the quality? Every Retina screen iPhone I've seen of has had some sort of protector on it which makes the image gritty like sandpaper. Between the dinky size - I had to load an app on a friend's iPhone 4 and going from my big GS2 screen to 3.5" of iBlah - and the protector, I could hardly see anything. I've been running naked for almost 14 months and if I give it a quick wipe with a microfiber cloth, it could pass for new. Just don't put it in your pocket with your keys and change.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss