What is the best case for the N4?

BoxcarJoe

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
My phone will be arriving in 2 weeks and since I want it's protection to be here when I start using it. I think I am decided on the Diztronic TPU Case but I really want to show off the back side of the phone. So would you suggest that I go for the Official Bumper case? I am concerned that if I drop the phone how much of a shock can that case absorb?

Also please suggest me a screen guard I should buy for the front and back. I don't want to go all guns and spend on this and that. I am already stretched quite a bit with the shopping I did this month!

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
i got my cruzerlite smoke androidified case the other day, but i sold my nexus, so now im either going to sell it or send it back

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Off topic, but how come you sold it so soon?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

just wasnt that into it.. had a few bugs.. and it didnt run as fast on the AT&T network around here, i dunno if its due to them not having the nexus in the system and not being able to properly register it or what... i had the right apn and plan.. tested a few other apn settings.. the s3 i have now runs much faster and is more consistent..

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the black nillkin case and it is way more slippery than I had hoped it would be. Also doesn't protect the screen when placed face down. I have a defective kayscase hard case that doesn't fit properly but the plastic it is made of had great grip.

The nillkin and a generic tpu case with the 'wave' pattern have both attributed to ruining my $15 skinomi screen protector as they both come up on the glass as well.

I don't think I will get another case until I can get a two piece case that won't be pushing the screen protectors up off my screen.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering ordering the Cruzerlite Androidified case, but I'm reading complaints about the headphone jack being covered.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just placed an order for this case, hopefully it will be good. Getting tired of all these cases ruining these expensive screen protectors or being too slippery to be useful.

Avenger

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Check out the Cruzerlite cases, they always do a bang up job and expose the needed buttons quite well. I am still awaiting mine, but the prior ones I have had left me very happy.

aguillen89

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is the case a TPU(flexible) or hard case type?

It said on the product description page it's "polycarbonate, and thermoplastic polyurethane", so I believe it's TPU, as soon as it comes in (Saturday hopefully) I'll post pictures and everything!

tabalew

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! I've been looking for a case that I can put on my Nexus 4 AS SOON as it arrives! (I have a really terrible habit of new phone homicide). I'm still undecided on which case I'm going for, but regardless, I'm thinking I should get a screen protector for the front and back. Is that pointless, since I plan on using a case?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! I've been looking for a case that I can put on my Nexus 4 AS SOON as it arrives! (I have a really terrible habit of new phone homicide). I'm still undecided on which case I'm going for, but regardless, I'm thinking I should get a screen protector for the front and back. Is that pointless, since I plan on using a case?
I bought the Nillkin case and think it's too slippery. I got a screen protector but haven't put it on. I think it's useless to put it on the back with the case but it certainly wouldn't hurt. I just ordered the Poetic Atmosphere case which I think looks really nice. Check it out on Amazon.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I also have the cruzerlite and imo can't go wrong with it.
I would say a back protector is not needed if you have a case but a case will not protect a front.
I have a zaggs front screen protector with the cruzerlite.

rudeshko

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I also have the cruzerlite and imo can't go wrong with it.
I would say a back protector is not needed if you have a case but a case will not protect a front.
I have a zaggs front screen protector with the cruzerlite.
Since I didn't get my Nexus 4 yet, I need to ask - Can we just leave the back protector(the one that comes originally) on the phone?