Poetic Bumper & Atmosphere avail. Dec 30

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
does the poetic bumper have glossy sides? if so that would seem slippery

I would say it really isn't slippery at all. I think it could maybe be slippery if you got it wet. I haven't got it wet since it is winter here and I haven't got it sweaty yet either. lol

It does have that glossy plastic stuff, so it actually grips really well when dry if you know what I mean - almost sticky. The grey edge material is not slippery at all, wet or dry. SO that helps too I guess. The grey part has that grainy rubberized feel.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I would say it really isn't slippery at all. I think it could maybe be slippery if you got it wet. I haven't got it wet since it is winter here and I haven't got it sweaty yet either. lol

It does have that glossy plastic stuff, so it actually grips really well when dry if you know what I mean - almost sticky. The grey edge material is not slippery at all, wet or dry. SO that helps too I guess. The grey part has that grainy rubberized feel.

thanks for this. i think im going to return mine after i get it because i get sweaty lol so that would increase the chance of dropping it because of the glossy surface

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
thanks for this. i think im going to return mine after i get it because i get sweaty lol so that would increase the chance of dropping it because of the glossy surface

I haven't tested it wet, but there is a good chance it wouldn't be slippery when wet either. But, I would say definitely slippery when greasy. lol

THe edges do follow the contours of the phone very well though and give a nice feel when holding - giving a ridge, which helps with the grip too. You might still like it.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, after trying to remove my initial release bumper, it split apart at the seams. Finito. Emailed up support and they have already shipped me a replacement with tracking # within a couple hours! They also granted me a color option change. Top notch customer service if you should need it.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
what is customer support's email address? my bumper split apart too within just a matter of 2 weeks...

DId you buy via exact buy thru amazon? They responded first and sent out a replacement even before Poetic responded to my direct email. Not sure if they are the same entity or not.

mattcheung7

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Just to give you folks an update on my Atmosphere case. I've had it for ~1.5 months or so, and where the volume buttons are, they used some other material than the hard plastic that forms the rest of the case (except for where the power button is). That material is starting to separate from the rest of the case. The power button area seems like it's doing okay (could be because it's a smaller area). For a ~$7 case, it's okay. If I had to pay $25 for the case, I would NOT be happy.

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
My Poetic case that I bought on Dec 21st started splitting, but Poetic sent me a replacement within 3 days.

If you look at the Amazon reviews for the Poetic bumper, a lot of people panned it because it was splitting. I want a bumper case and, besides the official Nexus 4 bumper, I'd like to know what the alternatives are. I guess Poetic isn't one of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you look at the Amazon reviews for the Poetic bumper, a lot of people panned it because it was splitting. I want a bumper case and, besides the official Nexus 4 bumper, I'd like to know what the alternatives are. I guess Poetic isn't one of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

The first batch were defective. These are suppose to be different. I'd buy one again!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mattcheung7

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Update on my issue. Poetic sent me a replacement Atmosphere case for free. We'll see how long this case lasts, but definitely giving them props for customer service!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance