UPDATE: My Ionic Guardian case has arrived!!!

MerkurMan

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Iconic Guardian case shipped this morning!!!

Thanks for the pics! Looks like a pretty rugged case, which is what my N4 is going to need if I treat it the same way I do my Gnex. Hehe.

Is the rubber lip around the edge of the screen very easy to lift/peel back? It might mean thaf after time it will become loose/warped from drawing it out of the pocket.

Otherwise, it looks like a pretty good deal for the money!

flipflopp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the pics! Looks like a pretty rugged case, which is what my N4 is going to need if I treat it the same way I do my Gnex. Hehe.

Is the rubber lip around the edge of the screen very easy to lift/peel back? It might mean thaf after time it will become loose/warped from drawing it out of the pocket.

Otherwise, it looks like a pretty good deal for the money!

Too early to tell if the rubber will loosen up. I don't see it loosening up anytime soon but if I get 6mo to a year from it I would buy again. Such a small investment to protect this phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Rbower

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Could you take some pics of the phone and case seperate, just to give people an idea of the thickness it adds? Thanks.

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

well i have replaced for my order of a blue one. Have a diztronic on the way as well. I am such a sucker.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I worked night shift last night and fell asleep after posting this. I did get the case. I like it. Fits very precise. The holes are cutout exactly where they need to be. It is a 2 piece design. A soft touch inner made from rubber but it is soft. The outer plastic clips on over the rubber. Compared to my old Ballistic case I will say that the plastic snap cover is a little thinner. Not in a bad way. It is still plenty stiff and doesn't feel like it would break in any way. The same goes for the inner. Once snapped on the phone the it gives the phone a great feel. It is slimmer than the Ballistic I had for my Galaxy Epic 4g S2. I know its a different phone but the S2 was a slim phone. It adds minimum bulk to the phone which is good. The buttons are easy to use and are not easy to accidently hit. Not sure about screen protector issues since I am not using one but I will say I don't think it would be a problem like the TPU case. The TPU has a tight secure fit. Anyway, hope that helps. I have a bunch of pics I took. I threw in a few pics compared to my Ballistic case I had.

I just got mine, today. I like it. I'm just going to Ghost Armor (ZAGG knockoff) the front and back (because it's made of glass), and call my phone protected.

Last edited:

flipflopp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about ordering a screen protector too. I have become used to not having one but I would hate for a little scratch or anything to happen to the screen.

flipflopp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Could you take some pics of the phone and case seperate, just to give people an idea of the thickness it adds? Thanks.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355811359357.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355811359357.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355811374311.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355811374311.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355811385096.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355811385096.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 28
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355811396980.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355811396980.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 27
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355811412784.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355811412784.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 27
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355811423537.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355811423537.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 29

deichenlaub

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I want to like this case, but the circles on the back look strange. They remind me of the Star Trek monster that could suck all the salt out of a person's body with suckers on the ends of it's fingers.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I want to like this case, but the circles on the back look strange. They remind me of the Star Trek monster that could suck all the salt out of a person's body with suckers on the ends of it's fingers.

And how does than not ADD to the value of this case?

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It looks from the pictures like if you set the phone on its back, the circles keep the speaker cutout far enough off the table that it'll still be audible. Can someone with this case confirm or deny that? It's really annoying on the 'naked' phone that the speakerphone is useless if you set the phone on its back on a flat surface.

flipflopp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
It looks from the pictures like if you set the phone on its back, the circles keep the speaker cutout far enough off the table that it'll still be audible. Can someone with this case confirm or deny that? It's really annoying on the 'naked' phone that the speakerphone is useless if you set the phone on its back on a flat surface.

The case does not seal the speaker to a table or smooth surface. I would say it blocks maybe 25% of the sound just because it does leave a very small gap. It is still loud enough with the ringer all the way up while laying on its back.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have no complaints about the case so far. Is it made out of silicone, or TPU? It feels like silicone.

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The case does not seal the speaker to a table or smooth surface. I would say it blocks maybe 25% of the sound just because it does leave a very small gap. It is still loud enough with the ringer all the way up while laying on its back.

Awesome, thanks! Looks like I'll be getting one of these if I ever see my N4. If I'd have had one a month ago, I might still have an N4, heh.

AtomicFrost

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you guys have a wireless charger that you could test with this case?

There has been some concern over thicker cases preventing the wireless charging from working, and I wonder if this causes any charging problems. :)

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Got the exact armor case. Ordered yesterday and received today. Seems same as my wife's ionic.

uploadfromtaptalk1356036425914.jpguploadfromtaptalk1356036435544.jpg

ExpandingPower

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thanks for posting the pics. Can we get a few more that would show them from direct views of the comparing the side right on top of each other, topside right next to each other, top side by side and topside side by side? I want this case but it looks super bulky and just want to see how much bigger it fits.

Thanks to all - I have been trolling for a while trying to get up to speed and all seem pretty cool.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

LOL I'm afraid to say I remember that episode...yeah I'm old :(

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
How does this case feel on the screen? I really love the screen and how it melts over the sides and don't want to lose that feel. Make sense?