XtremeGuard Screen Protector

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 4. Had the screen protectors waiting and decided first thing id do before using the device was to protect it. First time using wet application SP... was really unhappy with it so I kept peeling it off and did if like 5 times. Any chance I may have ruined the phone with the water? I'm waiting the recommened 24 hours before turning it on.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

VertigoM

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 4. Had the screen protectors waiting and decided first thing id do before using the device was to protect it. First time using wet application SP... was really unhappy with it so I keot peeling it off and did if like 5 times. Any chance I may have ruined the phone with the water? I'm waiting the recommened 24 hours before turning it in.

As long as you didn't get too much water in the ear piece or speaker areas you should be fine.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the Skinomi Tech Skin on mine as I did for my last phone. As long as you wiped excess liquid from the edges as you worked it out from the center using a credit card, you'll also likely see small bubbles that will work themselves completely out within a few days of usage. You're going to barely notice its there. Enjoy.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
the xtremegaurd isn't that good i think because it doesn't have a cut out for the proximity sensor and that creates some problems.

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
the xtremegaurd isn't that good i think because it doesn't have a cut out for the proximity sensor and that creates some problems.

That was the early batch they have all the necessary cut outs now, mine came with cut outs

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the Skinomi Tech Skin on mine as I did for my last phone. As long as you wiped excess liquid from the edges as you worked it out from the center using a credit card, you'll also likely see small bubbles that will work themselves completely out within a few days of usage. You're going to barely notice its there. Enjoy.

I wiped around it after I used the card the squeegee it out. Not while doing it. I'm afraid since I did it 5 times.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the xtremeguard and i never used water it still went on well and they fit perfect i'll see if i can find the pics from the other thread

EDIT:

Just received my screen protector today and couldn't be bothered using soapy water did it within seconds. I think I done a good job Woop :D

How does it feel compared to the stock glass? I just love how smooth it is that I am reluctant to cover it.

Clone9

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
How does it feel compared to the stock glass? I just love how smooth it is that I am reluctant to cover it.

It will totally change how the glass feels. It is a little tacky (it does get better over time) and will take away the smoothness. I took the front protector off, but I LOVE this protector for the back because you can barely tell it is there and it provides a nice grip so the phone doesn't slide around all the time.

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry i didn't reply earlier. I had the stock protector on so i don't know how smooth the screen is but when i put the xtremeguard protector on it wasn't as smooth as the stock protector but now it's been on for a while it's definitely got smoother. I've never actually felt the screen naked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance