Suggestions on Nexus4 case and screen protector

gadhiwala

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Too many threads and i am very much confused which one to buy for N4 - Bumper + screen protector

Kind of narrowing down on
Poetic bumper (Amazon.com: Poetic Borderline Bumper case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Black/Gray(3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Electronics)
Zaggs protector - Amazon.com: ZAGG LGNEX4LE invisibleSHIELD for LG Nexus 4 E960 (Full Body) - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

Anyone knows this would work or not ?

or

Alternative suggestions?
thanks,

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i think the real answer is that you buy the one you like... all the cases i've read here seem solid... just whether you like bumpers, super thin or TPU.
I like the Rearth for what it is... a super thin case that fits well and adds barely any thickness. I ended up sticking with the Cruzerlite TPU and Zaggs.

Hi,

Too many threads and i am very much confused which one to buy for N4 - Bumper + screen protector

Kind of narrowing down on
Poetic bumper (Amazon.com: Poetic Borderline Bumper case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Black/Gray(3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Electronics)
Zaggs protector - Amazon.com: ZAGG LGNEX4LE invisibleSHIELD for LG Nexus 4 E960 (Full Body) - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

Anyone knows this would work or not ?

or

Alternative suggestions?
thanks,

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As donm said, what do you want yourself? Otterbox is great for protection but really thick. Bumpers are good for providing minimal protection and don't add weight or thickness. Thin cases are only good against scratches and small falls and a little thicker will protect your nexus fine probably.
You have to get a case if you want to protect your screen though, i would hate to break a 350 phone with tax and shipping

Christian Jacob

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the LG google bumper from the play store and the spigen SPG screen protector. I like the screen protector since it comes with 2 for each side. No spray and pretty easy to install. I wish they had the glass protector that spigen SPG makes for the galaxy note or iPhone. The bumper is great and the buttons are nice but as we all know trying to get one will be tough while the stock is scarce.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Does the spigen go edge to edge on the N4 screen? And does it look crystal clear with polarized lenses on?

the one thing that really irritates me on the zaggs... that using my raybans which are polarized lenses, it looks like crap looking at the phone screen with the raybans on... wavy smear look on the screen probably from the spray and almost useless to see. without glasses it's pretty clear and the fit was exact right to the edges.

And I hate to have to spray and have any liquid on an electronic device but didnt research deeper when ordering the zaggs and already bought and delivered so i used it and since i had to go through the hassle of getting it right, gonna leave it. it's ok... don't really like the feel sliding your finger using the zagg compared to the ultra smooth feeling cling types i used on all my iphones.

I'm using the LG google bumper from the play store and the spigen SPG screen protector. I like the screen protector since it comes with 2 for each side. No spray and pretty easy to install. I wish they had the glass protector that spigen SPG makes for the galaxy note or iPhone. The bumper is great and the buttons are nice but as we all know trying to get one will be tough while the stock is scarce.

imrgoodbari

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
@donm527 The Spigen does not go edge to edge reason I took it off until I find an edge to edge one. I won't go with Zagg ever again because of the orange peel effect it gets.

f33b

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Ionic Guardian - seems pretty solid so far. Perhaps not as tight/close a fit or as sturdy as the Griffin Survivor series for iphone - but still feels like itd take a drop.

Ive just applied the Dynaflo Liquid Armor. It feels good to the touch, it looks crystal clear - i'll let you know in a few months how it holds up to scratches etc ;)

AuntieJimbo

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
No dry application film will go edge to edge (just look at the factory film).

I HATE hate hate the Spigen film. Hate it. The back cover does go edge-to-edge, but the front cover leaves a significant amount of uncovered space. I hate it. Additionally, the cover itself didn't adhere at the edges, so dust and fibers and third-graders are getting stuck underneath.

nigeljennings

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The screen film is terrible though and fits badly and i removed it on the second day, the screen ive decided feels too good to put a screen film on.

Bar81

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I HATE hate hate the Spigen film. Hate it. The back cover does go edge-to-edge, but the front cover leaves a significant amount of uncovered space. I hate it. Additionally, the cover itself didn't adhere at the edges, so dust and fibers and third-graders are getting stuck underneath.

Welcome to every dry film. I still have the original film on the phone and everything you are complaining about is applicable to the factory film as well.

javaman206

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

To anyone still thinking of getting the Spigen Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector - don't bother. The Spigen film is very thin and flexible and very difficult to apply. Once the screen protector is initially applied there are a ton of bubbles that need to be squeeged out. Try as I might, I couldn't get them all out. In fact, the squeege left a bunch of hairline scratches in the protector and I wasn't pressing hard. So I was left with bubbles under the protector and scratches above. No need to tell you that it looked awful. Before installation is complete you need to remove the little adhesive tab stuck to the front of the protector. That tab is stuck on with way too much adhesive. Removing it lifted the corner of the protector, simultaneously adding a bunch more bubbles (that had to be squeeged out again) and warped the edge of the protector so it wouldn't lie completely flat and allowed dust to get under the edge. I was suprised to see that the "ultra crystal" film actually diffused overhead light and created a bit of a haze on the screen.

I wanted to like the Spigen screen protector after it was recommended in a Nexus 4 case review video, but it really let me down. Completely. It's in the trash. Right now I am using the phone without a front protector and leaving the factory protector on the back (which is really quite nice).

Alexg314

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My current combo is the Ringke slim with the skinomi screen protector. Pretty satisfied so far with both. I really like the feel of the screen protector.

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I am hating the Spigen (Oleophobic) just as much for the same reasons. Awful waste of money. Sometimes you don't get what you pay for.

Edited to add that it lasted less than a week. The edges started to lift because they don't go round the edges of the curved glass.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams