Ballistic case

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ballistic just sent me an email stating it could be mid February before the shell gel case is available. Just a little FYI for those interested in this particular case. Since Otterbox and Case-Mate refuse to make a case for my phone, I will hold out for the Ballistic case.

Sent from my badass Nexus 4

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I am rocking the ionic/exact armor case right now. At this point we would be lucky if Otterbox realizes how popular the Nexus 4 is to make a case for it around the time the Nexus 5 come out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mTOOKIE

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
The case suppose to come out by the end of this month but when I emailed Ballistic about it, they said it they had a small delay in the release of the Ballistic case so it got push back to mid-February. I, too, awaiting on this case too.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
What is the name of the case that is comparable to the Otterbox Defender case? I don't think that it's the Ballistic case, because the one that I saw came with a screen protector component like the Otterbox Defender also does.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
What is the name of the case that is comparable to the Otterbox Defender case? I don't think that it's the Ballistic case, because the one that I saw came with a screen protector component like the Otterbox Defender also does.

There is also the trident kraken case. And the sedio active case I think is a more heavy duty case

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
There is also the trident kraken case. And the sedio active case I think is a more heavy duty case

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

I now know that I was looking at the Ballistic MAXX case, not the Ballistic Shell Gel case. I'll also look into the cases that you mentioned. I'm currently rocking the Ionic Guardian case with a cheap plastic screen protector, but the edges of the case tend to peel off in my pocket from time to time.

Mike Dupp

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So i placed my order at 1:30. At 3:00 I get an email saying the case is now in stock and here is a 20% promo code for being patient. Guess I wasn't patient enough. It's only $7, but it is still irritating. BTW, the promo code is ALL4LOVE if anyone else is thinking of buying one.

deichenlaub

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered mine. The promo code worked, almost paying for the shipping. The Email and purchase screen indicate the cases are in stock. We'll see how quickly they ship.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So i placed my order at 1:30. At 3:00 I get an email saying the case is now in stock and here is a 20% promo code for being patient. Guess I wasn't patient enough. It's only $7, but it is still irritating. BTW, the promo code is ALL4LOVE if anyone else is thinking of buying one.
Damn, just ordered mine before seeing this. Oh well...

AtomicFrost

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I wish that this had come in stock a few days ago. I might not have ordered the official bumper case than. :-\ Although, the bumper does show off the back while keeping the glass from touching the surface it's resting on. Maybe I'll order this one two and have a selection of cases. :)

The shipping charge is sort of high. However, the coupon pretty much pays for that, and it does look like it would really protect the phone well.

I wonder if the Qi wireless charging will work through this case. I emailed them a month or so ago and they said that it should work fine. However, there have been reports of the wireless charging not working through thicker cases like this one. If any of you have a Qi pad try charging it while the phone is in this case. :)

mTOOKIE

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

That the same thing happened to me - I ordered too soon. I should've waited a little longer but like you, I wasn't patient enough lol. Oh well, I'm glad Ballistic finally got this case in stock.

deichenlaub

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ballistic sent an Email that the case has shipped -- at 7:42 AM. Who works at 7:42 AM? Unfortunately, they shipped it USPS, which doesn't have very good package tracking. I was in the garage the other day and accidentally dropped my phone from about 4 feet onto the concrete floor. Fortunately, the Diztronic case did its job. I consider myself very lucky. I can't wait to get the Ballistic with those huge corner protectors.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ya, received my email confirmation as well. Can't wait to get it so I can get rid of this thin piece of crap I have now.

Mike Dupp

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Just got my case in the mail today. It seems nice so far. Power and volume buttons line up well and work smoothly. Fit and finish are good too. It does seem to add quite a bit of weight when you compare the hand feel to a naked N4, but nothing outrageous. Definitely better than my Atmosphere case and OEM bumper. The one thing I am not sure about is the hard outer shell that fits over the soft gel inner sleeve. The texture is a bit subtle and feels a little plastic-y. I may wind up just leaving it off and just using the inner liner by itself.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just got my case in the mail today. It seems nice so far. Power and volume buttons line up well and work smoothly. Fit and finish are good too. It does seem to add quite a bit of weight when you compare the hand feel to a naked N4, but nothing outrageous. Definitely better than my Atmosphere case and OEM bumper. The one thing I am not sure about is the hard outer shell that fits over the soft gel inner sleeve. The texture is a bit subtle and feels a little plastic-y. I may wind up just leaving it off and just using the inner liner by itself.

Got mine today too. Very nice feel. Everything lines up well. Does add a little weight/bulk, but well worth it though. Extremely pleased.