Ballistic Case Pics

deichenlaub

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I received my Ballistic case, which is replacing a Diztronic. The case has a rubber part and a hard exterior shell. The rubber part fits the phone loosely. It is very easy to take on and off -- almost too easy. The hard shell helps keep the rubber on the phone. The rubber is softer than the Diztronic, perhaps to allow it to absorb more energy. Ballistic is fond of throwing phones off the roof of their building.:) Finally, the rubber tends to pick up lint and such. It's not as bad as it looks in the pics, but it is noticeable.

The front view shows there is a generous lip around the phone. It would be pretty hard to impact the glass when dropping a phone on a flat surface. Notice the gap between the rubber and the hard plastic along the bottom of the pic. This gap gives an idea of how loosely the parts fit together.The back view shows the camera and speaker cutout. When the phone sits flat on it's back, the speaker as loud as when I'm holding the phone. The power and volume views show those switches have large bumps. It is very easy to use either switch. The action is smooth, and the feel is good. The top and bottom view shows very generous cutouts for the headphone and USB connections. I have a USB cable with a large plastic body. The case does not offer any restriction even with this fat cable.

Overall, I am pleased with the case. The feel is good. The phone fits in my shirt pocket. It's a little harder to get the phone in my pocket, but then again it's a little harder for the phone to fall out. The aesthetics is OK. After all, the primary function of this case is to protect the phone. Still, the rubber picks up junk very quickly. Black is OK, but I wish there were a color choice besides black or pink. Grey or Blue would have been nice.

Ballistic is all about offering good protection for your phone without being overly bulky. This case meets those objectives very well.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 98
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Volume.jpg
    Volume.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 95
  • Power.jpg
    Power.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 96
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 94

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I received mine today too. After several hours of use, I'm thouroughly pleased with it. It actually feels better in my hand than I expected. Would definitely recommend this case to anyone wanting added protection for their phone.

Sent from my badass Nexus 4

Mike Dupp

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Got mine today too. Agree with all of your assessments. After using it half a day, the one concern I have going forward is the lint thing. It really does look filthy. Hopefully it just needs to be broken in and will disappear in a few days. Still the best option I have tried yet though.

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

Attachments

• 2013-02-04 13.18.01.jpg
    2013-02-04 13.18.01.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 2013-02-04 13.18.27.jpg
    2013-02-04 13.18.27.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 2013-02-04 13.18.34.jpg
    2013-02-04 13.18.34.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 2013-02-04 13.18.42.jpg
    2013-02-04 13.18.42.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 59

duranta23

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if the ballistic case works with wireless charging? I'm still waiting for my case and would like to know whether I can start shopping for a wireless charger :) Thanks for sharing!

Andrew Forty

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if the ballistic case works with wireless charging? I'm still waiting for my case and would like to know whether I can start shopping for a wireless charger :) Thanks for sharing!

Ballistic case does not work with the energizer or Zens charger. Kind of bummed about it.

However I JUST got the one pictured above and its just as nice if not nicer than the ballistic case. And best of all it works with the zens charger, haven't tried it with the energizer one yet, as that's in my office.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have this and an ionic/exact armor case as well for comparison. I got my exact armor case for $4 from amazon during preorder and love it. It looks very similar in industrial design to this ballistic case with a different style back. Can't see spending that kind of money for a case unless it is vastly superior or different than what I already got.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
That looks like a decent cheap alternative. How are you liking it so far? Are all the buttons and ports easily accessible?

It's a great case and I absolutely I love it. Yes all the buttons are easily accessible its not hard to press no gaps anywhere, its a snug fit. I was set on getting the Ballistic case, and only had the Acase one as a temporary case until the Ballistic ones came back into stock. However I was definitely surprised and decided to save my money. Only problems I have is the silicon gathers lint which the ballistic case does as well; and a funny chemical smell from the silicon. Hope this helps!

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I am going to get one. I just ordered a Nexus 4, and with these phones breaking so easily, the first thing I want to do is offer some protection.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I received my Ballistic case, which is replacing a Diztronic. The case has a rubber part and a hard exterior shell. The rubber part fits the phone loosely. It is very easy to take on and off -- almost too easy. The hard shell helps keep the rubber on the phone. The rubber is softer than the Diztronic, perhaps to allow it to absorb more energy. Ballistic is fond of throwing phones off the roof of their building.:) Finally, the rubber tends to pick up lint and such. It's not as bad as it looks in the pics, but it is noticeable.

The front view shows there is a generous lip around the phone. It would be pretty hard to impact the glass when dropping a phone on a flat surface. Notice the gap between the rubber and the hard plastic along the bottom of the pic. This gap gives an idea of how loosely the parts fit together.The back view shows the camera and speaker cutout. When the phone sits flat on it's back, the speaker as loud as when I'm holding the phone. The power and volume views show those switches have large bumps. It is very easy to use either switch. The action is smooth, and the feel is good. The top and bottom view shows very generous cutouts for the headphone and USB connections. I have a USB cable with a large plastic body. The case does not offer any restriction even with this fat cable.

Overall, I am pleased with the case. The feel is good. The phone fits in my shirt pocket. It's a little harder to get the phone in my pocket, but then again it's a little harder for the phone to fall out. The aesthetics is OK. After all, the primary function of this case is to protect the phone. Still, the rubber picks up junk very quickly. Black is OK, but I wish there were a color choice besides black or pink. Grey or Blue would have been nice.

Ballistic is all about offering good protection for your phone without being overly bulky. This case meets those objectives very well.

no offense but...fugly.

thisfnguy

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone owned both the acase pictured in this forum as well as the ballistic? If so which would offer better protection from drops?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo