Nexus 4 Wireless Charging Orb Delivered

Paulbronte1

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Just came in, google wallet says its been paid for but the money isnt missing from my account. I never even got a shipping notification. Just showed up.
Needless to say i am excited!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20130215_135559[1].jpg
    IMG_20130215_135559[1].jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 88

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone out there confirm that it works with the regular Nillkin case? Thanks!

Works fine with my poetic atmosphere case which is about the same density - in fact, it still charges thru this case when I lift it as much as a half inch above the charging surface. So I assume the Nilikin should not be any different.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine and used it for a bit. It is extremely well built and has nice touches. The rings on the charging surface are tacky; when the glass back of the phone is placed on the rings, it sticks solidly to the charger, so solidly in fact that you'd really have to give it a significant bump to dislodge the phone. Still, the phone is not difficult to remove from the orb and no residue is left by the rings. The instructions in the box even show placing the phone on the charger horizontally or in landscape. I would feel comfortable doing that. How this will hold up over time remains to be seen, but for the moment, the phone fits on the orb extremely well.

To be clear, the bumpers from the play store do not get in the way at all; this charger works with the bumpers on the phone.

It also seems like there is a lot of room for error in placing the device on the charger. I have been using an LG wireless charger that I got at a Verizon store, and the margin of error for placing the phone on it is very small. It seems as if there is plenty of give as to the location of where you need to place the phone on the orb for it to charge. The bottom of the orb is also tacky. It doesn't move around once you place it.

all in all, this is the nicest Qi charger that I have seen. Considering that I paid $70+ for it when you include shipping and tax, it is pricey. But the quality of this product is definitely there.

trife

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Works fine with my poetic atmosphere case which is about the same density - in fact, it still charges thru this case when I lift it as much as a half inch above the charging surface. So I assume the Nilikin should not be any different.

Nice! Thanks for the info. Panasonic QE-TM101 is going up on eBay tonight!

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Got mine to. My Nexus 4 is charging on it right now with the Daydream clock going. :)
epapuhaq.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7

The Rambler

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it might not work very well with the poetic bumper. A friend of mine has one it would keep sliding down because the sides were touching the outside of the orb and not the "sticky" stuff. It was a quick test so It works fine with my diztronic case.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
UPS delivered my 2 orbs a couple of hours ago. I love this thing. The hold is much more stronger than I expected. I have the bumper. Overall I am very pleased. Have one for my bedside table and my office desk.

Paulbronte1

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Ive been wanting something like this since back in the day of Palm devices.

Glad to see it officially supported by a NeXus device, hope to continue seeing this feature is future NeXus devices

nizael

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
So I don't see anyone else with this issue but i just got my Nexus 4 yesterday and received my orb today but when I place it on the orb Daydream wont start up. I'm running stock Jellybean and i ticked the setting for "when docked" under "when to daydream". Does anyone have any suggestions? P.S Im loving this nexus and orb coming from a Samsung Vibrant.

BeverageNinja

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
So I don't see anyone else with this issue but i just got my Nexus 4 yesterday and received my orb today but when I place it on the orb Daydream wont start up. I'm running stock Jellybean and i ticked the setting for "when docked" under "when to daydream". Does anyone have any suggestions? P.S Im loving this nexus and orb coming from a Samsung Vibrant.

Daydream only seems to work if you have your Nexus 4 on the charger and then let the screen timeout. I've tried placing the N4 on the charger with the screen off and nothing happens.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

You can shorten the time before daydreaming (display > sleep)... and you can select the button "start now" in the daydream setting screen to test it (maybe only with 4.2.2 if you don't see it?).

nizael

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I shortened that time but it just shuts off the screen. I don't have 4.2.2 yet but when I get it hopefully that will fix it.

BeverageNinja

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but I set it to time out at 15 seconds and it just went into sleep...

Ah, I think I see the problem. Your original post says that you have Daydream set to "While docked"? The wireless charger isn't a dock, it's a charger, so you need to set Daydream to "While charging" or "Either" and you should be good. Hope this helps.

nizael

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Well that fixed that....thanks...I assumed that this would be the only dock for this phone . Hmmm i wonder if there is another one in the works...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac