Nexus Wireless Charger Overheating

Billy Canizales

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to find this issue or of it's simply how the charger works. If I leave my Nexus 4 on the orb, the back of my phone and the charger itself starts becoming hot. Is that normal??

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine has never gotten hot. (I love this orb!)

My Nexus 4 couldn't have Daydream on when I used my Energizer wireless charger because it became so hot that it actually hurt to touch it and wouldn't charge the battery properly.

Now with the Orb there's little to no heat even with Daydream going all night.

I'd restart your Nexus and check your settings making sure you don't have anything on that would be causing so much heat like Miracast or Hotspot.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Ricki916

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine is getting very hot while charging, and I mean hot, not warm. Twice today I've taken it if the orb and plugged it into the standard charger. I've never had any phone get this hot. Once it's charged, the orb seems to go dormant and no longer generates any heat, as my phone is always normal temperature in those instances. If it was only warm if be fine, but there's no way I'm going to put my phone on that orb again. I wonder, however, if having Google's own branded Nexis 4 bumper on while charging has anything to do with this.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been able to find this issue or of it's simply how the charger works. If I leave my Nexus 4 on the orb, the back of my phone and the charger itself starts becoming hot. Is that normal??

Are you using the OEM bumper when you put the N4 on the charger? Trying to see if this has anything to do with it

DerickJ

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine also has been getting hot when charging on the Orb. I have the Ringke Slim cover on it and Daydream running. I'm going to try and charger it without Daydream on and see if it makes a difference or not.

SABtres

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The only time I noticed that mine got hot was when I was wirelessly charging it with the Spigen Ultra Thin Air case. I now remove the case prior to plopping it down on the orb and have not noticed it heating up to that degree since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma