Generic hard case from ebay

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

adam514

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Any one tried one of the generic $2 hard cases from eBay? They look just like the rearth/nillkin/diztronic ones.

Reason I ask is because I want sometime pretty slim like the rearth, but shipping the rearth one to Canada pretty much double the price. Link below:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewitem?itemId=300831549355&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=57205450465

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I didn't buy that exact case but I bought a clear plastic one so its basically that but..clear right off eBay. All I can say is save the 2 bucks and buy a proper case. What a piece of crap I think I'd rather have a naked N4 then wrap it in this plastic junk.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I say go for it. $2! You'd think the postage is more than that. Can't hurt as a backup case. You could use it as a starting point to mod the crap out of it. I'd cut a hole out of the back to make it a semi-bumper. :D

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I actually did order one just out of curiosity.

The case I'm using now isn't bad, but its got this texture to it, like a flocked texture and its starting to wear off on the corners.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I received the case I ordered and its surprisingly not to bad. Its quite slim and the fit is good. Its a matte finish, and actually pretty slippery though. It has a bit of a rough edge on the side from the mold, but not bad overall. For $2 I can't complain.