Ordering a Nexus 4 - Bumper or no Bumper THAT is the question

Frost Forged

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
So I'm about to order a Nexus 4 and I'm debating on accessories. How is the official bumper? Is it worth $20 or am I better off with one of the cheaper amazon cases? I like my phones nude but I'm petrified of breaking the glass on this thing.

Thanks for the advice

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
You definitely need some protection. The bumper is attractive and complements the phone. It is worth $20 and no additional shipping when you order it with the phone. If you want to save a couple of dollars there are plenty of choices on Shopandroid or Amazon.

drich

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
i just received an Amazon version of the oem bumper. It feels great and has awesome tactile feel on the buttons. Ok edge protection but not so much on the front and back of course.
It was about 16 including shipping.

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I had no case on mine for the first few weeks since the bumper was sold out and I was waiting for delivery of my Nilkin. Phone slipped and I dented the chrome trim in two spots, not a big deal but I finally got my hands on the OEM bumper and now it covers these blemishes and protects against further dings. I love it.

massala

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Philistine that I am, I actually don't like a completely naked N4.

I use a white 'shenit' bumper on work days, and I think it really improves the look of the phone, provides some protection against a drop, and keeps the glass front and back off any surface it's laid on.

For days when I'm out and about my N4 goes into an Ionic Guardian case, which ups the protection factor a bit more.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I say no. I wasted $50 on two of them, and I hate them. They look OK, but make the phone slippery, and add a lot of bulk for a bumper. I say get a case or go naked. I got the Ringke Fusion(I think that's what its called), the one with the clear back and like it. But I don't recommend the Google bumpers.