My Experience with dbrand

360Mobiles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
This was my experience. If you liked this video this video or if it helped you remember to LIKE and Subscribe :) Also make sure to look at Android Central's review of dbrand!

360Mobiles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It would be a great cover up for cracks/shattered glass. But the reason why he broke his back removing it is because he removed it wrong which he said in his article. He has been the only person I've heard of with this issue as if you pick at glass the way he did, it will break. With the dbrand or without it. Don't hold dbrand accountable for the crack.

theween04

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought it looked like a good skin for the phone, but there is one thing that everyone should know. I ordered mine on March 4th and am still waiting to receive it. They have the audacity to say that since they charge so little for shipping that it goes only through regular mail which means in the US it takes 7-14 business days. They charge $3 for shipping - hardly a little amount these days. Most websites would give you UPS shipping for that amount. Now I realize the post office is slow as hell, but what regular mail take 7-14 days? Oh and of course there is no tracking because it is regular mail. If I would have known it would take me a month to receive the item I wouldn't have bothered. I don't care if its a small startup, but this is unacceptable.

If you are thinking about buying one, might want to think again because who knows when it will actually arrive.

360Mobiles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I've never heard of anyone with that issue as I received mine without an issue. But that really sucks. I'd contact them about it. Just for reference I've heard the average shipping time is about a week which is obviously a lot longer than you have been waiting. I hope you get this issue sorted out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I got mine two weeks after they were mailed. Stupid delays after crossing the border into the US is a known issue, at least on other forums. Mine look great and were worth the wait, but maybe not for everyone. Absolutely people should expect shipments to take longer from Canada to the US than to Europe because of USPS and make their decision wisely.

360Mobiles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
They also posted on Facebook that they were going to implement a system that would have 3-5 day shipping for the U.S.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
They also posted on Facebook that they were going to implement a system that would have 3-5 day shipping for the U.S.
I think the "system" is driving across the border and posting them from inside the U.S. :D :D

Not criticism, mind you. I think that's a quite clever workaround to the problem, actually.

John Stockton

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I thought it looked like a good skin for the phone, but there is one thing that everyone should know. I ordered mine on March 4th and am still waiting to receive it. They have the audacity to say that since they charge so little for shipping that it goes only through regular mail which means in the US it takes 7-14 business days. They charge $3 for shipping - hardly a little amount these days. Most websites would give you UPS shipping for that amount. Now I realize the post office is slow as hell, but what regular mail take 7-14 days? Oh and of course there is no tracking because it is regular mail. If I would have known it would take me a month to receive the item I wouldn't have bothered. I don't care if its a small startup, but this is unacceptable.

If you are thinking about buying one, might want to think again because who knows when it will actually arrive.

Not really sure where you're getting the idea that UPS shipping can be achieved for $3 lol? UPS is at least $15-20 anywhere you go, and that's if the company using it has a huge (1000s of shipments per month) account. In any case, I follow these guys on XDA. Here's a direct quote from one of their "Robots": Apparently the entire process of shipping to the United States has been a huge issue for them for a while now. Enough of an issue that they're making a change?

dbrand inc. said:
Starting Tuesday [the 26th], we are going to be making daily drives to the US (more specifically, the New York side of Niagara Falls). All US orders will be sent from within the US border, using US stamps. What does this mean for you? Wait times will decrease from 2 weeks to 2-5 days.

Not only that but these guys have great customer service. I'm sure if you email them, they'll sort it out for you. I've read many posts from users as far as Germany and Indonesia saying their orders arrived in 3-5 days. If you want to know what regular mail takes 7-14 days, the answer for you is mail in the USA that's coming from outside the USA lol. Hope you get your stuff soon man.

360Mobiles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Good to know how they're reducing their shipping time now. And I've gotta agree that they do have great customer service

JLogic0

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Those dbrand skins look great! If only the current available bumpers were more durable, it would make a great combo. Maybe in the future...

thevaporco

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Let me point out that this is simply not true. We use Canada Post to ship into the US (handed over to USPS), all the time from Western Canada, and it is usually always 3 business days on the dot no tracking regular air mail...so not quite sure if this is because the company is located in a different part of Canada, but shipping from BC to NY for example is like 4 business days, 5 tops. California, ect. is never more than 3 days. Internationally overseas it is also 5-7 business days. Normal processing time.

Skylar Sadlier

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I've had nothing good to say for them so far. Package was handed to USPS over 10 business days ago and I still have nothing. The package was handed off in a city that is just 3 hours away from where I live, hardly a 10 day travel (even for usps).

I submitted a ticket on Thursday and it is now Tuesday with no response. Looks like others have the same issue. If they have issues shipping stuff to america then they should definitely better their support.

Very very very bad image when 4 business days later I still have no response from support. Being a first customer, this is a very dumb move on their part. They need to better prioritize support tickets or get more people to work on them.

EDIT: They just got back to me, although it is just a robotic response. I bought the skins on March 19th. Now it is April 12th.. Still not good on their end. They didn't even offer a partial refund, they are just re-shipping the skin. They have to make their support better, this is ridiculous. I already have a couple scratches on my Pebble Time because of this whole mess-up.

Last edited: