Need help deciding nexus 4 case

Andylink

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I searched around, didnt find any results but, Incipio feather case vs Ringke slim? and maybe give a review if you own one of these devices

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I just received my Ringke Fusion case. I like the design and all but I hate that the back looks like it has a wet spot! I already tried cleaning it with the typical glass lens cleaner and no luck. Aside from that its a really nice case and looks like itll offer plenty of protection in case something where to happen to my phone in case I dropped it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Andylink

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
yea i have the fusion right now, dropped it two times, and it was like dropping it into a marchmallow, however, the back is a fingerprint magnet, its really bulky, and it feels bad in the hands, i mean, look at the imperfections in the case, all the pieces of plastic sticking out, irratates my mand

- - - Updated - - -

and its a fingerprint magnet

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Ringke Slim and it's pretty nice for what it is. It's super thin and feels good in the hand, I just don't feel like it offers much protection. I was thinking about getting the Ringke Fusion so I can show the phone off a bit, but I didn't know if the issues with the first batch have been resolved. I heard the button responsiveness has been improved, but I just don't want to buy it and be disappointed!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just received my Ringke Fusion case. I like the design and all but I hate that the back looks like it has a wet spot! I already tried cleaning it with the typical glass lens cleaner and no luck. Aside from that its a really nice case and looks like itll offer plenty of protection in case something where to happen to my phone in case I dropped it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have the factory film or an after-market screen protector over the Gorilla Glass on the phone's back?

I kept the factory film on my Nexus 4 until my Rinke Fusion came in and I just sort of forgot about it. I put the case on and had that "wet spot" look. I said, "Ooops!" and removed the film. Once I put the case back on it looked fantastic. "Wet Spot" all gone. :)

I really like the feel of the Fusion. The button presses are the same as no case in my experience. The look of the case is top notch. Love showing off the back of my Nexus 4 while leaving it protected.

fusion_nexus4_amazon_thum_011(1).jpg

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the factory film or an after-market screen protector over the Gorilla Glass on the phone's back?

I kept the factory film on my Nexus 4 until my Rinke Fusion came in and I just sort of forgot about it. I put the case on and had that "wet spot" look. I said, "Ooops!" and removed the film. Once I put the case back on it looked fantastic. "Wet Spot" all gone. :)

I really like the feel of the Fusion. The button presses are the same as no case in my experience. The look of the case is top notch. Love showing off the back of my Nexus 4 while leaving it protected.

http://www.rearthusa.com/assets/images/fusion_nexus4_amazon_thum_011(1).jpg

Yea I did have a screen protector on the back and took it off but still no luck.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Ringke Slim and it's pretty nice for what it is. It's super thin and feels good in the hand, I just don't feel like it offers much protection. I was thinking about getting the Ringke Fusion so I can show the phone off a bit, but I didn't know if the issues with the first batch have been resolved. I heard the button responsiveness has been improved, but I just don't want to buy it and be disappointed!

In my point of view, the buttons work perfect. No issues whatsoever for me, they work flawlessly with no effort. I havent dropped my phone, knock on wood, but when I do im sure the case will hold up well.

Once again the only thing I cant stand is that wet looking spot on the back...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366168704.007402.jpg

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
In my point of view, the buttons work perfect. No issues whatsoever for me, they work flawlessly with no effort. I havent dropped my phone, knock on wood, but when I do im sure the case will hold up well.

Once again the only thing I cant stand is that wet looking spot on the back...

View attachment 65315

A way that might fix that is to take a body powder container (like baby powder or Gold Bond) and with the container in an upright position, hold the case so that the inside plastic is an inch or two above the open powder container top and give the container a little squeeze to puff a small amount of powder inside the clear plastic. You wont notice the powder and it keeps the spot from occurring.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting the case and like it a lot! The button responsiveness is fantastic. I've had a bit of luck reducing the "wet spot" effect by cutting little squares of Post-It Notes and putting them in the black inside edge of the case. You can't see the Post-It Notes, and they seem to lift the clear part away from the glass a bit. Just FYI, I've still got the original screen protector on the back.

vallikat

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I love my Nexus 4 and I wish I could keep it naked forever to be honest. Still I worry about it all the time and want to keep it protected. I've never had a phone case before and so I'm not sure what my preference might be. I figured I should check in here for some suggestions. I was looking at the rinkge fusion case because I like that the clear back would show off my phone. However I'm concerned that the clear plastic will become scratched and scuffed leaving me with a crappy looking case. Also I like the ability to access the camera or widges from the lock screen so I don't want a case that might impede side-swiping.

In addition, at the same time I also bought my son a Nexus 4 and he is also in need of a case. He's a little less careful than I am. So while I might prefer a slimmer case with my main concern being scratches. He might need something that provides better protection from drops.

So any suggestions for both my son and myself would be appreciated. :)

vallikat

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I ended up with the Cruzerlite Bugdroid case. I got it in black for my son and smoke for me. In the end I love the look of the black one so much better that I think I'm going to end up getting that instead. Sill, I miss the sleek look of my naked phone and I think I might just go sans case except when I feel I need it.

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been though a couple cases now:

Google Bumper:
- Best button feel out of all the cases I've tried, but makes the phone feel a little to wide (widest out of all I've tried). It also manages to line up in a way that really doesn't work well with my WCP-300 Qi charger. The disc is wider than the case does and unlike the Nexus 4 orb it doesn't have the bump in the middle to make contact with the back of the phone, so it wants to "seesaw". If it wasn't for that I'd make do with the wide feeling and use this all the time.

Ringke Slim:
- I thought this one would be perfect, but I ended up not liking it very much at all. It proves pretty good scratch protection to the back but with no real padding or give the drop protection seems nonexistent. Since this just uses button cutouts instead of covers they feel very recessed and a little difficult to hit correctly. The Nexus 4 orb also tends to make a bug nasty ring on the back.

Ringke Fusion:
- What I've settled on, although it's not without it's faults. Overall protection seems decent, but not awe-inspiring. With a great deal of cleaning the oil spot problem is pretty minor and not visible at all most of the time, although it seems almost impossible to get rid of it completely all the time. The clear back is kind of nice, but does smudge and doesn't come close to the glass feel when you're using the phone. Buttons aren't bad, much better than the Ringke Slim but lacking feedback compared to the Google Bumper (or using the phone bare). It does add a good amount of grip to the phone that using is bare lacks, though.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the Poetic Borderline bumper. Have only had it for a couple of days, and I readily like it. I hope it holds up.

sent from my Nexus 4; so fresh and so clean

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech