N4 folio case recommendation?

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Could anybody suggest a folio case that they are happy with for their Nexus 4? It doesn't need to be fancy, and I am hoping that the phone could still be used easily with the folio case still on, but it is not required. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the Poetic slim folio, couldn't be happier. Great quality for the price (Amazon).

20130318-1910_nexus4cases_accessories.jpg

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Tell us more of what you looking for? like a wallet style or a folio with kickstand something like that?

I was thinking of a wallet. Something to protect the screen from scratching from keys and coins while in my pocket. I was hoping that the front flap could swing all the way back (and flush with the back) so it wasn't like you'd be speaking into an wide open folio case.

The poetic that ChromeJob posted photos of looked good to me and I was going to get it but I tried a cheap screen protector out of curiosity first. I surprised myself that I was able to install without any air bubbles, and since it protected from scratches I decided to forgo the folioi case. The only thing with cheap clear screen protectors that I don't like is they dull the screen so the colors aren't as vibrant. Not to mention the air bubbles slowly creep in.

Do you have a favorite?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of a wallet. Something to protect the screen from scratching from keys and coins while in my pocket. I was hoping that the front flap could swing all the way back (and flush with the back) so it wasn't like you'd be speaking into an wide open folio case.

The poetic that ChromeJob posted photos of looked good to me and I was going to get it but I tried a cheap screen protector out of curiosity first. I surprised myself that I was able to install without any air bubbles, and since it protected from scratches I decided to forgo the folioi case. The only thing with cheap clear screen protectors that I don't like is they dull the screen so the colors aren't as vibrant. Not to mention the air bubbles slowly creep in.

Do you have a favorite?

Using AmWave (or is it AmFilm) without issues. Boxwave makes good ones -- get the "crystal clear" type, not "matte" or "anti-reflective." IMHO the matte ones never improve visibility.

I like the folio for when the phone is in a bag with other things. A screen protector can protect against scratches, but not against some camera or something being pressed against the screen. That solid surface between the screen and everything else can be a lifesaver.