nexus 4 shutting down abruptly

Bindu kumar reddy

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
my uncle bought nexus 4 in USA and he gave it to me in march 2013.i live in india.it worked fine for 6 months but it has been switching off abruptly since after i updated it to android 4.3.
this problem has been very disturbing.and i just want to send it back to the manufacturers as it is malfunctioning. all want to know is that what do i have to do if i want to send it back to the manufacturers.will there be a problem as i bought my nexus 4 in usa and right now am in india.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
my uncle bought nexus 4 in USA and he gave it to me in march 2013.i live in india.it worked fine for 6 months but it has been switching off abruptly since after i updated it to android 4.3.
this problem has been very disturbing.and i just want to send it back to the manufacturers as it is malfunctioning. all want to know is that what do i have to do if i want to send it back to the manufacturers.will there be a problem as i bought my nexus 4 in usa and right now am in india.
Before sending it back have you:
1. Tried a factory reset?
2. Restoring the factory image/ROM?

Here is a guide to the factory image: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...3923-guide-nexus-4-factory-image-restore.html. Factory Reset can be done by going into recovery or Settings > Security > Factory Reset.

Bugstomper2000

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
The four major flaws of the Nexus 4:
  • No MicroSD
  • No USB OTG Hardware
  • Camera problems which will sometimes cause phone to shut down abruptly
  • It's getting old

Your problem probably has something to do with the last two. My 4 will randomly shut down on Snapchat and sometimes other random apps using the camera. This shutting down uses up about 15% battery, so this gets really annoying. Of course, this may not be your problem, so if you're expecting a solution you should probably give more details.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000