Cyanogenmod 10.1 Nightlies Discussion

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the files already the nightly cyanmod and gapps and flashed but nothing happened. Or do i need to download different files?

If i wanted to get rid of cyanmod 10 how would i get rid of it and get the default rom?

There is a great guide that is stickied to top of this forum that will get your phone back to stock. I would suggest you do a lot more reading in this forum and over at the xda forums to learn more about installing roms before going any further.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
For those running CM check out the free app CyanDelta Updater. The concept is one of those things that's so simple yet so brilliant. Basically it goes out everyday and will download a delta update for your device. Rather than downloading the entire 200mb nightly, it will download only the pushed global or device specific changes which results in update files of 10mb or so. It also wipes your cache and flashes the delta for you.

CM has a native auto-update feature (Menu > Settings > About Phone > CyanogenMod Updates) but that pulls the full build file of 200mb.

Everene

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Update every night, my favorite thing to do now is read CyanogenMod Changelogs XD waiting to dirtyflash my next fix... I'm an addict :(

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
What Kernel are you guys loading with your CM Rom?

I'm not flashing anything special. Just using whatever cm comes with. The performance and battery life have been so good I haven't had the urge to go looking for one.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
on the topic of kernels, anyone noticed to min freq on the CM kernel is 1026MHz? This could be causing a battery drain. Typically, and i say typically because this is not always true, but each freq has an assigned voltage, the higher the freq the higher the voltage. I've seen some chips that actually use the same voltage for all frequencies, but it's not common. Even if you change the minimum frequency (Menu > Settings > Performance > processor) down to 384, it doesn't stick. If you leave the screen and come back it's set back to 1026.

I haven't echoed a min freq of 384 in any of the files in init.d, mostly because i'm lazy, but i wonder if that would force it to 384.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
on the topic of kernels, anyone noticed to min freq on the CM kernel is 1026MHz? This could be causing a battery drain. Typically, and i say typically because this is not always true, but each freq has an assigned voltage, the higher the freq the higher the voltage. I've seen some chips that actually use the same voltage for all frequencies, but it's not common. Even if you change the minimum frequency (Menu > Settings > Performance > processor) down to 384, it doesn't stick. If you leave the screen and come back it's set back to 1026.

I haven't echoed a min freq of 384 in any of the files in init.d, mostly because i'm lazy, but i wonder if that would force it to 384.

In my settings it shows min clock at 1026 but it also shows the current clock speed at the very top and it drops and stays at 384. I can guarantee that it isn't causing any battery drain as if it is stuck on 1026. Might just be a bug in the settings.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
In my settings it shows min clock at 1026 but it also shows the current clock speed at the very top and it drops and stays at 384. I can guarantee that it isn't causing any battery drain as if it is stuck on 1026. Might just be a bug in the settings.
When i manually adjust mine to 384, i agree that while i'm in the screen it does in fact drop to 384 and can be verified by watching the current freq as you said. But if i leave and come back or reboot the phone ... yes the min freq setting changed back to 1026 but it's not a simple display issue, i can sit and watch until i'm blue in the face and the current freq doesn't drop below 1026.

Reboot your phone, and see if drops below 1026.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
When i manually adjust mine to 384, i agree that while i'm in the screen it does in fact drop to 384 and can be verified by watching the current freq as you said. But if i leave and come back or reboot the phone ... yes the min freq setting changed back to 1026 but it's not a simple display issue, i can sit and watch until i'm blue in the face and the current freq doesn't drop below 1026.

Reboot your phone, and see if drops below 1026.

After rebooting it still drops to 384. I didn't set the min or have the "set on boot" box check though. I am on the 12/10 nightly.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
After rebooting it still drops to 384. I didn't set the min or have the "set on boot" box check though. I am on the 12/10 nightly.

Mystery solved. It was the set on boot box. Leaving it unchecked, against logic, allows the CPU to scale down properly lol. Checking it defaults the min freq back to the 1200

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
This isn't really CM related, but seems the best place to ask. I'm running the most recent CM nightly, but I'd like to try francos kernel. They're compatible, according to franco.

Would I just flash the kernel? What happens when there is a new CM nightly, will I have to flash CM then the kernel again?

First time doing this, so any help is greatly appreciated!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This isn't really CM related, but seems the best place to ask. I'm running the most recent CM nightly, but I'd like to try francos kernel. They're compatible, according to franco.

Would I just flash the kernel? What happens when there is a new CM nightly, will I have to flash CM then the kernel again?

Yup gotta reflash. :)

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

Check out the free app CyanDelta, it will automatically download the latest nightly delta (10-20mb) instead of the entire rom (180-200mb). It also gives you an option to select a kernel to flash automatically so you don't even have to worry about doing the flashing/wiping of cache.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just for Ss & Gs i decided to check out Franco's kernel on CM and I'm very pleased with it. I don't believe/buy into the whole artificial benchmark thing so I'm not going to sit here spewing performance numbers but I've seen an improvement in battery life which is important to me. I've noticed with his kernel, which defaults to interactive gov 384 min 1512 max, the device spends a significant more amount of time idling at 384MHz than with the stock kernel.

Right now I'm running the CM 16 nightly, with Franco #14. He's working on incorporating an updated power management tree from source for his next kernel release which sounds very intriguing.

squadz

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just for Ss & Gs i decided to check out Franco's kernel on CM and I'm very pleased with it. I don't believe/buy into the whole artificial benchmark thing so I'm not going to sit here spewing performance numbers but I've seen an improvement in battery life which is important to me. I've noticed with his kernel, which defaults to interactive gov 384 min 1512 max, the device spends a significant more amount of time idling at 384MHz than with the stock kernel.

Right now I'm running the CM 16 nightly, with Franco #14. He's working on incorporating an updated power management tree from source for his next kernel release which sounds very intriguing.

+1 I'm running the same thing

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
How do you change Trebuchet launcher for Nova launcher?
I'm not a root user.

You can just install Nova from the Play Store. Afterwards when you hit the Home button it will give you a choice of what launcher to use and you can select to use whichever you want. If you set one as a default and want to change your mind, just go to Settings > Apps > All, find the launcher and select it, then hit "Clear Defaults".

:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish