Odin type program for the N4?

Eric1987

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Can you explain in more detail? I can adb push files while in fastboot and that works just like Odin? I've never had a problem with Odin it's saved my ass several times.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
If you look through the 2 stickies in here, 2def explains very thoroughly various fastboot commands to unlock, root and restore system images. They are done in a cmd window on your comp while its hooked up to your phone and the phone is in the bootloader. Fastboot commands essentially does everything odin can. On my previous samsung phones, I used odin alot and it would hang sometimes. I thought it was unreliable at times. Ever since I have owned the gnex and now the n4, I have not used odin once. Don't worry, these nexus devices are really easy to recover from a screwup. Just gotta get familiar with fastboot. Adb and fastboot are different although both of them use the cmd window.

Edit: On the gnex we could hold the volume down button and then hit the power button and we could get in download mode which then could be hooked into odin. I just tried on the n4 and that download mode is not accesible. Must be because this is an LG phone and the gnex was samsung. So it seems odin or any other exterior program won't work.

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Exactly as davey said.. Odin is not needed, nothing but adb and fastboot for a Nexus device. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2