After unlock install ROM

CrazCruz

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys well I just received my Nexus4 and right after one charge I decided to unlock the boot-loader and succeeded.
Know I'm trying to install a custom rom but when I click on Recovery Mode (after pressing Power + Volume down) I don't see Recovery options, Wipe, Install rom from SD after the green robot disappears, it just runs the phone regular way. Why?

-I used the famous Toolkit to unlock the boot-loader.
-Android 4.2
-I already put the gapps-jb-20121212-signed and the rom I want inside the memory.
-NO ROOT is my choice.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys well I just received my Nexus4 and right after one charge I decided to unlock the boot-loader and succeeded.
Know I'm trying to install a custom rom but when I click on Recovery Mode (after pressing Power + Volume down) I don't see Recovery options, Wipe, Install rom from SD after the green robot disappears, it just runs the phone regular way. Why?

-Android 4.2
-I already put the gapps-jb-20121212-signed and the rom I want inside the memory.
-NO ROOT is my choice.

Did you install a custom recovery?
Sounds like you didn't and are just booting up into the stock recovery which doesn't have the options you need to flash things.

Run through this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-rooting-roms-hacks/224861-guide-nexus-4-unlock-root.html
It'll help explain how this all works.

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

-Android 4.2
-NO ROOT is my choice.

If you're using the toolkit there's an option on there (i think number 6) it does everything unlock the boot loader, root and install CWM

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

CrazCruz

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I read it. As I said the bootloader is already unlocked by the XDA Toolkit the thing is I don't know where to type the commands..

I know... Is hard for you :-\

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I read it. As I said the bootloader is already unlocked by the XDA Toolkit the thing is I don't know where to type the commands..

I know... Is hard for you :-\

Root and install custom recovery are the same option in Wugs toolkit, which are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

CrazCruz

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The mskip toolkit V1.3.0
I solved the whole thing, It was actually the number 6 option but I couldn't install the custom recovery that I wanted (TWRP 2.3.3.2-marko)
There was two recovery options to choose:
CWM 6.0.1.9
TWRP 2.3.2.3
The one that worked for me is CWM, after that I could install my room.

Can you finish this thread with any recommendations or finals thoughts? I really want to keep learning.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
The mskip toolkit V1.3.0
I solved the whole thing, It was actually the number 6 option but I couldn't install the custom recovery that I wanted (TWRP 2.3.3.2-marko)
There was two recovery options to choose:
CWM 6.0.1.9
TWRP 2.3.2.3
The one that worked for me is CWM, after that I could install my room.

Can you finish this thread with any recommendations or finals thoughts? I really want to keep learning.

Once you are rooted you can update twrp by downloading too manager from the play store. Its under menu the install open recovery. That'll get you the latest version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD