Is there a wifi tether for Google Nexus 4
I have tried using the Wifi Tether for Root
from Play Store but cant seem to get it to work
Any suggestions
Bob

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Does this work with the $30 TMobile prepaid plan? I've tried searching, but can't find a clear answer.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Does this work with the $30 TMobile prepaid plan? I've tried searching, but can't find a clear answer.

If you aren't paying for it, T-mobile is pretty strict about doling out punishment when they figure out you are tethering. I can't guarantee this info, but I have heard from some reputable sources they rely on the user agent to determine if your data use is fair or are tethering to a laptop, etc, meaning they see where the request is coming from. For example, in Chrome on your computer you can add a User Agent switcher extension to make it look like the data is requests is coming from an Android device.. however your computer will likely be making other background data requests which will show as coming from your system and that will set off red flags.

From my own experience, I have not tried tethering my laptop because of this info.. however I have tethered my Nexus 7 tablet a few times and it seems so far to not have drawn any attention, which is expected since the data request appears to be coming from an Android device anyway.

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have access to a VPN, connect your laptop to the VPN immediately when tethering, whether by USB, BT or Wi-Fi, and T-Mo can't see the user agent string...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon