Good stable ROM with support for LTE?

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have been searching for the life of me for a good stable ROM for the nexus 4 with support for LTE (I live in the Phoenix market and can get the specific band that the nexus lte chip works on)

I was even trying to do the stock option where you upload an old baseband but the instructions I found were not that easy to follow to say the least.

I have rooted and installed roms before (Samsung captivate, gs3, nexus 7) I'm no newbie.

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The nexus 4 does have an lte chip that only works on band 4. Coincidently enough AT&T in my market runs on band 4 for lte.

I'm having trouble finding any roms for the nexus 4 that seem stable. Cm10 only shows their nightlies.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen any ROM boasting support for LTE for the Nexus 4.

1) the device technically doesn't support it and isn't approved to run it. It might be that no ROM wants to boast supporting a feature that goes against what the FCC has rated the phone for.
2) LTE isn't in that many markets yet so it might be that ROM devs just haven't felt the demand to support it.
3) I've used LTE in my area and while technically the chip does support LTE, it's been suggested that the phone lacks some of the supporting hardware to make it an optimal experience. My limited testing seems to back it up but who knows, could be that the market i'm in hasn't been completely rolled out yet.

As far as setting your phone up, it's as easy as flashing the old radio, setting the new APN and then manually toggling over to GSM/LTE. Keep in mind that the setting reverts on a reboot.

I gave up using it...wasn't worth the effort for what proved in my area to be only a marginal speed increase over HSPA+

anyway, my two cents.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The reason you are not finding any ROMs with and/or information regarding a "LTE ROM" is that the rom has absolutely nothing to do with the devices radio/baseband firmware. You can be stock rooted or run any ROM your heart desires....just flash an older, LTE enabled radio. I've used both .27 and .33 with excellent results. Have stayed with .33 once I was convinced it was either better or the same as .27 for my usage.

[REF] [RADIO] Mako modem collection - xda-developers

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The reason you are not finding any ROMs with and/or information regarding a "LTE ROM" is that the rom has absolutely nothing to do with the devices radio/baseband firmware. You can be stock rooted or run any ROM your heart desires....just flash an older, LTE enabled radio. I've used both .27 and .33 with excellent results. Have stayed with .33 once I was convinced it was either better or the same as .27 for my usage.

[REF] [RADIO] Mako modem collection - xda-developers

Yeah I was hoping to find one with it all
baked in. Wasn't able to but ended up flashing everything this weekend.

Now to get a LTE sim card from ATT and I should be good to go.

Posted via Android Central App

startup8100

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I was hoping to find one with it all
baked in. Wasn't able to but ended up flashing everything this weekend.

Now to get a LTE sim card from ATT and I should be good to go.

Did you try cm10.1? I was using that and I had to select LTE in the radio setting and used the right APN, then LTE works right after that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes but still won't work.

It appears the issue may be due to not having the late configured. I'm on a mobile share plan so it will work no problem. The issue is the Nexus 4 is not identified in their system as an LTE device.

I need to be on a lte device then just switch the sims and it should work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781