How is this for battery?

uberness132

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
He also has 4+ hours of SOT, which is above average I think. I get around 4-5 hours SOT too, although mine lasts the entire day since my screen isn't on for a majority of the day.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd say that is average, nothing to write home about. I get 4 hours screen time every day and at least 18 hours on a charge.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
the best solution i've found for crazy good battery life is to do this
1) go to Amazon
2) buy 5 micro usb chargers (1 for each car, office, the rooms you are in most in your house)
3) buy 2 micro usb battery packs
4) charge your phone when you need to or aren't using it
5) stop worrying about battery life

Its cool we can tinker with our devices but at the end of the day, using your phone uses power and handicapping it to get crazy good battery life just seems like a waste. I'd rather use the hell outa it and charge it more often.

just my opinion though. 4hrs SOT is pretty normal.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
the best solution i've found for crazy good battery life is to do this
1) go to Amazon
2) buy 5 micro usb chargers (1 for each car, office, the rooms you are in most in your house)
3) buy 2 micro usb battery packs
4) charge your phone when you need to or aren't using it
5) stop worrying about battery life

Its cool we can tinker with our devices but at the end of the day, using your phone uses power and handicapping it to get crazy good battery life just seems like a waste. I'd rather use the hell outa it and charge it more often.

just my opinion though. 4hrs SOT is pretty normal.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

Trinity kernel is faster then stock.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Trinity kernel is faster then stock.

It probably is, most custom kernels are. My point is that stock runs the voltage it does for a reason and reducing that will only give you marginal gains. Reducing it can also cause problems albeit some devices are more tolerant of it then others.

I've never seen any kernel give me noticeable increases in battery life and I've been ,messing with them for a number of years.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It probably is, most custom kernels are. My point is that stock runs the voltage it does for a reason and reducing that will only give you marginal gains. Reducing it can also cause problems albeit some devices are more tolerant of it then others.

I've never seen any kernel give me noticeable increases in battery life and I've been ,messing with them for a number of years.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Just gonna throw it out there, I agree with hat you are saying BUT the N4 with franco kernel has gotten crazy 7 hours on battery without messing with the voltages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar