Nexus 4 photo gallery - how to delete auto-backup pictures

jherroon

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 4 a few days ago. After experimenting with the camera, I tried to delete the samples I'd taken. There are 2 groups of photos: camera & auto-backup. I cannot delete the backed-up pictures; there is no delete option. 2 questions -- how do I get rid of these "auto-backup" pictures, and how do I keep them from being backed up? Thanks for any help!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the backwards way of doing it now is to go to Picasa on the web, login with your Google account, and delete the albums or pics you don't want there. Then refresh your gallery on your phone and it should be accurate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

beeezzz

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
They have been deleted from my Google +(as seem on my desktop) but they continue to show up on my mobile. It amazes that the auto backup photo deletion is so cumbersome. I am not asking for the finer points of photo editing. I just want to delete a photo.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Gaterie

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Galaxy s4. Although it doesn't actually delete the auto backup photos, here's what I did...

To keep auto backup album from view, while in the gallery hit menu and choose "Content to display". Then uncheck "Content in Picasa". That way the only pictures in the gallery are the ones you take and of course whatever you download and such.

Hope this helps.

tejinder sawhney

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 4 a few days ago. After experimenting with the camera, I tried to delete the samples I'd taken. There are 2 groups of photos: camera & auto-backup. I cannot delete the backed-up pictures; there is no delete option. 2 questions -- how do I get rid of these "auto-backup" pictures, and how do I keep them from being backed up? Thanks for any help!

Paul Tan1

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Enable or Disable photo Auto Backup

1) Sign in Google+ /Picasa

2) Go to Settings
3) Select Camera & Photos
4) Touch Auto Backup
5) Toggle On or Off
6) no more nasty auto photo back u

hope that helps:cool: For further clarifications you may refer to https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1304818?hl=en

To remove current back up photos in tablet
1) go to Apps => settings
2)scroll down => find heading "device"=> find Application Manager
3) under Application Manager => Find heading" ALL"
4)scroll down & search for "Gallery"
5) click => Clear Data
6) click Clear Cache

voila the current back up pictures u have in your HP disappears.:p

last but not least u need to remove he photos from picasa.
If you want to delete Picasa photos from Android:

Step 1: Unsync and delete from Android. Watch these videos:
How to unsync Picasa Web Albums and remove albums from Gallery in Android Phones? - YouTube
How to Delete Google Picasa Photos from Android Phone - YouTube

Or read this article with pictures:
How to Remove Picasa Albums From Your Gallery | Android.AppStorm

Step 2: Your photos will remain in Picasa Web Albums website. If you don't want them on the website:

1. Click here https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos?noredirect=1
2. Then click on the album > Actions > Delete Album

I hope this helps. Cheers

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This is how I did it. Go to settings--apps swipe to all. Find picassa uploader and disable it.
Got to settings--accounts. tap google, tap your google email, uncheck photos
Go to settings--apps swipe to all,go to gallery and clear cache and data.

I also went to google search page logged in, and hit more on the top bar, selected photos and deleted all the uploaded pics. ( maybe do this first, I can't remember if I did it first).

Open your gallery app and presto!

Leann Luahiwa

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
do the auto backup photos use any memory? I mean if there on a cloud why not just leave them?

Well some people don't want their pics floating about cyberspace. I once snapped a shot of my boobs to give to my hubby and it automatically uploaded to some Google picture party in the cloud ( even though I deleted it from my tablet it was still out there)... Nope I do not need to auto back up my pictures, I have the means to back them up myself if the desire strikes.

Vidhya Karki

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Login to your google+ account
Then go to photos; select the photo and click on trash button.
After deleting on Google+ goto to your setting application manager then go to gallery and click on cache and clear
The selected photos will be deleted.
This worked out for me. ..hopes this helps you too!

SiBlackwell

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
The bit I'm confused with is the difference, if any, between the Picassa web albums and the Google+ backup. Is this all the same thing? I like the idea of the private folder backing up to Google+, but not if the same photos are then being syphoned off somewhere else as well. Can anyone clarify if Picassa (under the umbrella name of 'Google Photos') and Google+ is the same thing with the same single backup location, or is it that these are separate, and if so where the hell is this Picassa folder?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11