Android 4.3 and Rooting

Aaron Ross

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I hate to do this to you guys. I am quite the newb when it comes to rooting. Since my Droid Eris back in the day, I switched to iPhone 4 and realized the errors of my ways and came back with the Nexus 4. However, I never felt the need to root until I decided to get multi-user on my phone for privacy reasons. Of course I would do this on the day Android 4.3 gets released. A day later I still have myself confused. How should I go about rooting?

I am currently on 4.2.2 without the option to OTA update. Should I root first and then upgrade when it is available or will I be able to root after the 4.3 OTA upgrade?

Sorry for the completely newb question, but I quite enjoy my Nexus 4 and don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks
Aaron

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade first and unlock the bootloader if you haven't already. Then wait for Koush to adjust his superuser app and zip to deal with the changes to the 4.3 system (he's still working on that last I checked). Then just boot into a custom recovery and flash superuser. The Unlock & Root guide goes into more details if you need.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Aaron Ross

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Perfect, thanks. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to mess anything up by upgrading first. I really just want multi-user and the LTE hack since band 4 on AT&T is near my area.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney