Hey guys,

Long story short. I forced my N4 to update to 4.3 by deleting "data" in the google play services app, then checked for updates and voila, it was there. It installed as normal, but once it reboots to the lock screen (I have a pattern lock) and I unlock my phone, it reboots. What's the best course of action at this point? Try to flash 4.3 over again?

UPDATE: Well, I just decided to do a factory reset. Solved the issue, haha.

UPDATE #2: Well, everything is working just fine except for trying to access "Security" in the Settings App. Every time, the app crashes. So there's no way for me to add a pattern lock.
    07-29-2013 07:43 AM
    Having the same problem ... I didn't force mine to update just woke up for a snooze and saw it was there, which is probably why I didn't think to back everything up beforehand ...

Were you using voodoo rootkeeper? I'm wondering if that is the source of my problems ... also using pattern lock weirdly enough, that can't be it though, can it? ...

Anyway, I created a thread before I remembered there is separate devices sections so I could have checked the Nexus 4 one (there doesn't seem to be any posts about our issue in the android 4.3 one) ... http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...ml#post2961706
    07-29-2013 08:17 PM
    Having the same problem ... I didn't force mine to update just woke up for a snooze and saw it was there, which is probably why I didn't think to back everything up beforehand ...

Were you using voodoo rootkeeper? I'm wondering if that is the source of my problems ... also using pattern lock weirdly enough, that can't be it though, can it? ...

Anyway, I created a thread before I remembered there is separate devices sections so I could have checked the Nexus 4 one (there doesn't seem to be any posts about our issue in the android 4.3 one) ... http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...ml#post2961706
    Whoa, dude ... that's crazy the same. Yup, pattern lock and my phone was rooted and had Voodoo Rootkeeper installed. I wonder if it was that. In any case, I resolved everything by just fastbooting a stock recovery image of 4.3, http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...e-restore.html
    07-29-2013 10:41 PM
    I'm presuming you've lost all your appdata?

I guess rootkeeper may be the real problem here ...

I'm wondering if I can just uninstall rootkeeper (and maybe superSU) via the play store (as I know everythings working on my phone I can see emails popping up and stuff), so should be able to uninstall them via the web ... wondering if that will help (or make it worse, haha) ...

I saw the guy that writes those guides and seems to really know what he's talking about saying something about switching to the chainfire superSU and flash the recovery image when someone else got a blackscreen on trying to boot the image (which is what happens if I now try to re-root my phone) ... I've just spent so damn long sorting out stuff on my phone I really don't want to wipe everything ... if I'd thought about it I should have made a backup, I have titanium installed, just never the free space to create one (wish you could hook it up to your comp and do a dump there) ...
    07-29-2013 11:48 PM
    I'm presuming you've lost all your appdata?

I guess rootkeeper may be the real problem here ...

I'm wondering if I can just uninstall rootkeeper (and maybe superSU) via the play store (as I know everythings working on my phone I can see emails popping up and stuff), so should be able to uninstall them via the web ... wondering if that will help (or make it worse, haha) ...

I saw the guy that writes those guides and seems to really know what he's talking about saying something about switching to the chainfire superSU and flash the recovery image when someone else got a blackscreen on trying to boot the image (which is what happens if I now try to re-root my phone) ... I've just spent so damn long sorting out stuff on my phone I really don't want to wipe everything ... if I'd thought about it I should have made a backup, I have titanium installed, just never the free space to create one (wish you could hook it up to your comp and do a dump there) ...
    Yeah, I lost everything. After I forced a 4.3 update (by deleting data in Google Market Services -- big mistake -- I ended up in this boot loop where each time I tried to unlock my pattern lock, it would reboot. I ended up having to do a factory reset through recovery and wasn't able to get into my phone to first back everything up. Sucked, but oh well. Oddly enough, had I just waited ... late last night my N7 naturally got the 4.3 update pushed to it.
    07-30-2013 06:17 AM