HELP - I can't get my music to work as my ringtone

Shoehorn69

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I got the Nexus 4 yesterday, seems a good phone. I wanted to use my own music for a ringtone. Downloaded the song, installed Rings Extended and all seemed to be going well but the song doesn't show in choose music or media ringtones. It is stored on the phone in My Library and it plays through Play Music. What am I doing wrong, can anyone please help me?

Last edited:

Shoehorn69

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi and thank you for responding, the song is My Library but I don't know which file it's stored in. I'm used to an i-Phone, so I was quite excited that I was going to be able to use a song for my ringtone but I thought it would be easier than this. How do I find out which folder it's in?

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
If you install a file manager, you can just put them in a folder titled Ringtones on the root of storage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

conorew

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I think I may be able to help. I've just switched from an iPhone and done similar. You want to use your music as a ringtone. Try treating music and ringtones differently in your head. On you computer copy the song you want to use to your desktop. Use a audio editing programme to trim it to what you want and convert it to ogg file format. Then use an app to move the new file to your phone (I used dropbox) and put it into the ringtones folder. It should bow show up as an option.
I think Google music app keeps all the music in a cache folder and not in an obvious folder.
Treating them as different things will be simpler in the long run.

Posted via Android Central App

Serign Sheikh Chaw

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
You can connect your Nexus 4 to your PC or laptop using the USB cable. Once that is done, copy the music you want to use as a ringtone into the ringtone, disconnect the phone from your PC or laptop and you will see the music in your ring tone list.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21